Pomeranian Breeder?

esky

Hi,

Just thought I'd ask if anyone has ever heard of Yongyuan kennels?

My sister is interested in purchasing a pomeranian puppy & has come across some ads from there.

I know nothing about poms to help her so any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Guest donatella

I don't know those guys, but then again I'm in qld. However can I just say your sister has chosen a fine breed of pooch ;)

Guest donatella

There are some real cuties advertised on here at the moment and minimiss just recently went through the breeder selecting process so might have a few tips for you. I have a few lovely contacts too depending on what state she's in and if she'd prefer to meet the littler and breeder or wouldn't mind getting interstate.

If you Google the Kennel name there seems to be a number of references. I noticed one at Gulgong NSW appears to have a fair few breeds although it doesn't mention Poms.

eta - Just be careful and check all credentials, reg with the CC of the State, health checks etc.

Edited by pebbles

If you Google the Kennel name there seems to be a number of references. I noticed one at Gulgong NSW appears to have a fair few breeds although it doesn't mention Poms.

Also found this on googling

Breeder of: Brittish Bulldog Puppies For Sale, Dogue de Bordeaux Puppies For Sale, Japanese Spitz Puppies For Sale, Schnauzer Miniature Puppies For Sale, Shar Pei Puppies For Sale, West Highland White Terrier Puppies For Sale

Thank you all for your replies so far :thumbsup:

I have rescue dogs myself & am trying to persuade her to go that way too.

My sister saw a photo of one of their pups & has fallen in love with it's little face but I feel a bit more research is in order.

I do appreciate your input & will show her this thread & hope she makes an informed choice.

That does sounds really sus!

My little pom comes home tomorrow (yay) I got him through a wonderful breeder in NSW. Best idea is to research, research, research. I searched through threads on here, and did a lot of googling. Found many great (and ethical) breeders in NSW so you're really in a good position to go out and kennel visit etc. It's always good to see the property and how the pups / mum are kept and in what conditions. I didn't have that opportunity hence my supercharged research.

I think it's really good to be cautious and in no rush. It took me over a year of research to find the perfect breeder.

Hope all goes well for you :):)

Breeder of: Brittish Bulldog Puppies For Sale, Dogue de Bordeaux Puppies For Sale, Japanese Spitz Puppies For Sale, Schnauzer Miniature Puppies For Sale, Shar Pei Puppies For Sale, West Highland White Terrier Puppies For Sale

That is enough info to find another breeder.

No one can successfully breed more than about 3 breeds at the same time. Any more than that shows they are simply churning out puppies not dedicated to their chosen breeds.

That is enough info to find another breeder.

No one can successfully breed more than about 3 breeds at the same time. Any more than that shows they are simply churning out puppies not dedicated to their chosen breeds.

I found another website with a couple more breeds additional to those listed above.

Definitely something to be weary of.

the breeder is a really nice lady

At my very first show she stopped me and told me she wanted to steal my griffon pup :laugh: We got talking and as a newby and I can tell you not many people even said hello to me she was very friendly and pleasant.

that's the only time I have met her though, and she seemed very nice to me, the dogs that she had there looked very well looked after but I would be asking her why she has so many breeds before writing her off.

My friend has pomeranians so if you would like me to ask her I will for you.

Guest donatella

They definitely can be barkers but they can also be trained not to. Lucy knows 'quiet' and stops if she barks. Shes not that much a barker actually, but she's only young so that could get worse and they do bark more then other breeds in general.

I'm more peeved off at the amount of bark, sticks and leaves she brings inside the house lol

Edited by donatella

They definitely can be barkers but they can also be trained not to. Lucy knows 'quiet' and stops if she barks. Shes not that much a barker actually, but she's only young so that could get worse.

I'm more peeved off at the amount of bark, sticks and leaves she brings inside the house lol

Mosley thinks that anything organic is treasure, it ends up on our living room rug :rolleyes:

Not to mention the amount of burrs around this year, I'm finding them all over the house :mad

Guest donatella

Haha yep, she's never had a backyard before now so thinks she is in heaven with all this dirt and bark to get into and shares it throughout the house. Vacuum is getting a good work out!

Guest donatella

Don't let the cute fluffiness of the pom trick you, they love nothing more then rolling in the dirt, chewing and sticks, leaves and bringing them inside to share.

Omg my dog loves the 'organic' treasures too. He got the MSG pretty quickly though when I wouldn't let him come inside with anything from outside in his mouth. So now instead we have a fine collection of all the best sticks our neighbourhood has to offer at the front door...

Just on Pomeranians though, are there really two types? Ie foxy ones and apples?