Purchasing A Puppy

HellsBells

I would still be giving them the benefit of the doubt at this stage, something may have happened which has taken priority for them at the moment. How quickly did they normally respond to emails/phone messages? You say you paid the deposit a week ago, when did you call and leave the phone message? They may just not have had time to return your call yet.

Replies to my emails were within a couple of hours of me sending them. I left a message on their answering machine 4 days ago.

Are they with bigpond??

It took 3 days for all our emails to come through after fridays shut down.

Yes they could be away or many other reasons.

Yes they could be shonks but in the short time frame you have said i wouldn't be panicking yet

I certainly wouldn't send the rest of the money until you have a response from them

I wouldn't be panicking just yet. You've only paid $100.

Give it another week and see what happens, there could be many reasons why a breeder with a litter of puppies on the ground may be too busy to get back to you within the week.

The breeder does have a bigpond email address. I have received an email tonight from the breeder explaining that they could not email as bigpond was down. The puppy is only 4 weeks old so still awhile to go before he is able to leave. I have never purchased a puppy before so this whole experience is very new to me and I did not really know what to expect. Thank you to everyone who replied to my post. :)