• I dislike cats
    • I like cats but I like dogs better
    • I like dogs and cats equally
    • I like cats better than dogs

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My family are very into cats, but surprisingly both my sister and I have grown up and become dog people!

Here's my cat Toby, he's a Silver Spotted British Shorthair. He lives with my mum in Sydney, when I moved I couldn't take him with me as we were renting. He prefers her big house anyway!

6498606583_15ba01ac07.jpg

I rather dislike cats and can't see me ever owning one, my OH feels the same. Don't really mind patting other people's cats or playing with kittens if given the opportunity and if they are nice but no cats for me as pets thanks :laugh:

This is exactly me. Don't mind hanging out with other people's at their house but I wouldn't own one.

I like cats. I was always a cat person before I had dogs. Since getting dogs I realise I prefer dogs as pets over cats, because they're more trainable and interactive. And we have too many cats at the moment, which means they're more annoying than enjoyable. I still think there's something really nice and special about cats though, and I can't see me ever not having at least one cat.

I like (and have) both and would like to continue to have both, they bring different things to the household. And I find dogs and cats being "friends" the cutest thing ever!

I voted both equally tho to be really honest if for some reason I had to choose one or the other I'd choose dogs (sorry cats :o).

I agree with this but if I had to choose (and I would genuinely hate to) then I am afraid I would have to say Maine Coons (not just any cat lol).

And long ago pre the raggies and the MCs if someone had asked I would have said we were dog people.

Edited by Mags

I am a dog person who owns 3 cats, after these ones go i wont own another cat. 1 of mine is nasty and it's getting to the point of not being able to stand the sight of him, one is getting old (and is and always has been nasty) and the other has as much personality as a dead fish (but she is the nicest out of the lot ;) ).

Ooooh Toby is lovely! I'll post some photos from the computer tomorrow, wish I could do it from iPhone!

Thanks, he's a very gorgeous boy! He had a minor stroke last weekend so I very nearly missed getting a chance to take that photograph. Mum says that he seemed to be getting stronger every day this past week, so here's hoping he continues to recover swiftly :crossfingers:

I don't hate cats - but the allergies I get from them makes it near impossible to live with them. The dogs are affecting me more as I get older so I may need to consider a low allergy breed in the future or learn to live without them. :cry:

Being a groomer sucks this time of year :o .

Edited by Andisa

I like cats, and many years ago I had 10 cats and one German Shepherd, but as time went by and the cats passed on , I ended up with one cat and a lot of dogs. I would love to be able to have cats now, but my dogs would kill them, and cats would also kill the birds and wildlife we have coming here, so no cats. Love the Ocicats and the Bengals.

I can't understand not loving both! I currently have 2 very people-oriented cats, one a rescue DSH and one a Ragdoll. Both of them are as mad as hatters in their own ways - my Raggie boy is a bit, erm, special, and his odd quirks have amused me ever since I picked him up from the breeder as a kitten and he tried to eat his way out of the box on the way home. He's also won over my dogs-only best friend, who says that all cats apart from him are handsome moving furniture rather than pets. I've decided that breeding cats is not for me, though - I found entire cats too intent on what their hormones are telling them to be easy to live with, but dogs are much more manageable. I didn't like the cat show scene much, either.

I have both and always thought I would always want the status quo. But my cats are now nearly 16 and both have CRF, one is blind from hypertension and they both have seizures. Sometimes I just think it's too hard to see them deteriorate. (Rationally I know dogs can/are the same) I think that after the day has come, I will just stick to dogs :(

My current living situation we have two cats in the household one Ragdoll and on moggie. When I am back in Victoria and properly settled I have every intention of getting another cat it will be a Birman there is no other breed for me.

I really miss having a cat, I haven't had one for over ten years since I left my ex, and I had to leave my beloved ginger cat behind. His name was Smokey Mate and he died a few years ago.

Cats are generally very anti-social towards everyone except their own family. I wish I could have a pet cat now, but Woody and Coco would probably see a cat as prey. :(

I don't like any animal more than another with the exception of pigs and cow I like bulls but not cows all the bulls I have known are such big softies and the cow alway charge me and everyone else. I like cats and dog because they both have their funny moments and horse because they like me

I'm allergic to cats - they make me break out in hives...

Doesn't stop me petting friendly ones though - I'm a sucker for punishment I suppose.

I do prefer the "nature" of most dogs over most cats. Dogs seem to be more eager to interact with humans than most of the cats I've met.

T.

I have both and most probably always will, cats have their own charm, probably what I like about them is what turns others off them. I do not dislike any animal, they are all fascinating. Even the ones I would not choose to share my home with.

People that really dislike cats, well, I usually find there is something about them that I don't like.

I see the most avid cat haters in action regularly, not people I would choose to spend time with.