Bedlington Terriers.

Blackdogs

So I met my first Bedlington terrier the other day, but I didn't recognise it because it wasn't in the traditional cut. I've always admired the look of this breed, but this dog was the most gorgeous, woolly little teddy bear! :love:

Does anyone know much about their temperament? What are they like to obedience train? What about agility?

Does their coat just keep growing forever like a poodle's if you don't cut it, or does it stay at a fairly short length?

I found the feel of the fur different to that of a poodle. Very soft. Looking at google images, it seems they are born a particular colour then fade?

Thanks! :D

We have owned 2 .

Wonderful dogs ,very agile & can jump over anything,very responsive to training.

Ours where fine with our other dogs but they are still Terriers,

Coat wise they grow all the time so they must be brushed regulary & clipped or scissored every 8 weeks or so.

They are born black & change to there colour with age,

There coat is very unique in that it bruises,you often see black patches on mature coats & that is where it has played hard or run into something .

They are known as the Lamb dog

So I met my first Bedlington terrier the other day, but I didn't recognise it because it wasn't in the traditional cut. I've always admired the look of this breed, but this dog was the most gorgeous, woolly little teddy bear! :love:

Does anyone know much about their temperament? What are they like to obedience train? What about agility?

Does their coat just keep growing forever like a poodle's if you don't cut it, or does it stay at a fairly short length?

I found the feel of the fur different to that of a poodle. Very soft. Looking at google images, it seems they are born a particular colour then fade?

Thanks! :D

Sarsanet has one, a cute little pup called Freddie. From what I've heard they can be pretty feisty, entire males should probably only be kept for showing/breeding and working, if anyone works terriers these days as they can be brawlers from what I've been told.

These were taken in October this year.

6494388075_aa01931a5b_z.jpg

6494337803_2c67a6bd12_z.jpg

6494308007_2018423643_z.jpg

6494280695_f0e18a6fc0_z.jpg