What Is The Most Popular Colour In Your Breed?

Esky the husky

Just for fun :D

What is the most popular colour in your breed?

Are there any markings or other cosmetic looks that are particularly sought after.

I'm not 100%- but in my breed I think the most saught after would be a black and white husky with blue eyes.

Not my preference now, but when I first started looking at huskies I was really keen on that combination.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manchesters - only come int he one colour

Tenterfields - most sought after colour seems to be Liver Tri, sometimes at the expense of temperament/conformation as with a lot of colour breeding. My favourite are the Black Tris, they seem to be the most common colour too.

Edited by amypie

Definitely agree with EtH on the black and white with blue eyes for Huskies - that's what we were after, though I love it that my girl has beautiful dark brown eyes now.

Lappies... don't really know, lots of people say to me they'd like a brown or a cream. I think that judges still aren't really aware that they come in different colours, so for the show ring I'd only really want a black and tan.

White. :laugh:

Very few people know they can be cream or white and biscuit and the occasional judge has been known to call a heavily marked biscuit Samoyed dirty.

I had this with Archer (Golden) when he was a puppy as his legs were darker than the rest of him and the judge told me I should wash my dog better. :laugh:

I know alot of people LOVE liver and white pointers but there arnt THAT many about. Most popular I think is orange and white but I dont think people like the oranges more I just think they are more common at the moment closely followed by black and whites! Make sense? :laugh:

When I was looking for an English Setter, it was virtually impossible to find anyone who had blues or Tris (Tri's being blue belton with tan markings)...

I think it has changed a little now... there are more Blues/Tris being bred, but i still don't know what the more popular colour is. It seems a nearly even split in the show ring too.

Lemons and Livers are rare to non-existent.

in the UK, though, Blues and Tris are still the more popular colour, but there are more and more oranges showing up in the show ring.

Grey is the obvious choice for a Weim :laugh:

for golden retreivers the very light "cream" seem to be the most common colour, I do prefer the darker gold though

For griffons the red rough coats are the most common, not that many people know that griffons come in black as well both smooth coat and rough

For coolies the blue merle is the most common and what every one seems to want not knowing that if you breed merle to merle you will more than likely end up with deaf puppies