Hydrobath Poll

Starkehre

50 members have voted

1. 1. I currently own a hydrobath for domestic use and?

• I wash show dogs, small breed
    • I wash show dogs, medium breed
    • I wash show dogs, large breed
    • I wash show dogs, giant breed
    • I wash trialling/working dogs, small breed
    • I wash trialling/working dogs, medium breed
    • I wash trialling/working dogs, large breed
    • I wash trialling/working dogs, giant breed
    • I wash my dog/dogs that are loved family pets that do not show or compete
    • My hydrobath is positioned against one or more walls whilst in use
    • My hydrobath stands away from walls whilst in use, so I can access all 4 sides
    • My hydrobath is on castors/trolley or another form of portability
    • My hydrobath is used approx 50 times per year or more
    • My hydrobath has a heater
    • I have running hot/cold water access available to my hydrobath
  2. 2. Features my ideal domestic use hydrobath had/has/would have...

• Manufactured from heavy duty plastic, Polyethylene
    • Manufactured from Fibreglass
    • Heated
    • Twin tank ? wash/rinse
    • Single Tank
    • Slide-out upward door on the long side
    • Slide-out upward door on the narrow end, right
    • Slide-out upward door on the narrow end, left
    • Slide-out upward door on both narrow ends, right & left
    • Sideways opening hinged door/doors on any sides
    • Lower lean over section on one long side
    • Lower lean over section on both long sides
    • Portable - Trolley/Castors
    • Integrated anti-skid flooring
    • Tie out
  3. 3. I own/don't own a hydrobath, but am considering purchasing another/one and...

• I would purchase a new hydrobath only
    • I would purchase a used hydrobath only
    • I am open to purchasing a new or used hydrobath
    • If I was purchasing a new hydrobath with a single tank and no heater ? delivered, I would expect to pay $1000-1500
    • If I was purchasing new hydrobath with a single tank and no heater ? delivered, I would expect to pay $1500-2000
    • If I was purchasing new hydrobath with a single tank and no heater ? delivered, I would expect to pay $2000-2500
    • I would be happy to purchase a new hydrobath without seeing, touching or testing it prior to purchasing, ie internet viewing only
    • Price would be the ultimate deciding factor, with quality followed closely behind
    • Quality would be the ultimate deciding factor, with price followed closely behind
    • Color would be an important consideration
    • Customer Service would be an important consideration
    • I would only purchase a hydrobath with an Australian made pump
    • I would only purchase a hydrobath with an Australian made tub
    • I would expect a new hydrobath tub and pump to last up to 10 years
    • I would expect a new hydrobath tub and pump to last longer than 10 years

Hi All.

K9+ Soft Dog Crates is currently in the process of designing a hydrobath for domestic use.

We are calling on the collective experience of DOLers for assistance in some of our final decision making on designs and some market research. We ask that you please tick any and all statements that are applicable to you

As an incentive for those of you that choose to participate in our poll and in addition also post some anecdotal comments or any other thoughts, info etc, we will be a offering a FREE Polar Collar for 10 of the most helpful posters. We will contact same via PM for required neck measurements advise of those receiving the gift in this thread later this month.

If you choose to post some additional comments and would be happy for me to PM you a couple of questions, please say so in your post.

Added... I apologise that I did not realise that each section had to be filled in to be allowed through.

I have now altered the wording of the heading on the third section so that all three sections can be applicable to anyone, instead of only two sections.

Edited by dyzney

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a new one last year for commercial use. The one defining feature that sealed the choice for me was the fold down shelf for small dogs, doing away with insert tables. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this feature. Along with a wide variety of choices in features & extras, and excellent customer service, I had a very good purchasing experience (online from the other side of the country). without mentioning names, the fold down shelf should give you the brand...

and welcome to PM me...

Edited by Arcane

I can't answer because I don't own one (so can't answer the first question) :(

Hi Jumabaar, you can respond to the 2nd two questions/sections if you would like to.

You do not have to own a hydrobath to respond to this poll... only the first section.

OK Jumbaar, I realise what you are saying now. So, sorry, I did not realise that polls had to have responses in each question.

My apologies. Looks like it is back to the drawing board with this poll... in the mean time if anyone wishes to assist by posting any info related to my poll questions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by dyzney

I have been a groomer for 14 years and had many hydrobaths. I have had single tanks and double tanks. When I sold my salon I sold the baths. Now I really want a reasonably priced one that is pretty much just a shell. I was never a fan of the recycling water and found I used less water using my own hose attachment than filling up the rinse tank. I would be happy to pay up to around $600 for a fibro shell that comes with an insert for small dogs as a add on.

My last bath came from the Barf Shop and I loved colours they had. I would definitely get a pink or purple one if I had the chance!!

I have a hydro bath and love it. It is on wheels and I wheel it out to the edge of the lawn so that the water drains onto the lawn.

I would love to have the cut out on both long sides, not just 1. Jazz is great as she will easily turn around when asked but the other 2 are less compliant so the ability to walk around and easily access from the other side would be appreciated.

Mine has the slide in and out door and with the 1 who tries to escape it can be fun preventing her shoving her head through as I am trying to get the door in so I think a hinged door would be easier. I am not sure if it would be doable to have it hinge at the base so it goes down and become a ramp for big dogs? I am guessing strength of hinge could be the issue there.

Another thought would be a height adjustable insert/table to accommodate different size dogs.

I'm with CrazyDaisy....I would not use a second recycling water tank to rinse. I have always used a single tank positioned near hot/cold water and fill with warm water, wash, then release the wash water & rinse with fresh running water from my taps. I don't use the hyrdo for most small dogs either, just using as a vessel to hand wash in.

I'm currently in the market for a hydrobath for home, where I wash only large double coat breeds just one day a month. I would also like just a shell that I can adapt to my own needs, for a reasonable price....

Sorry guys, I have discovered the issue in my poll and am working on getting it sorted.

To vote even though i don't own a hydrobath, but would like to in the future, i put the sizof dog that i wash in the first section. hope that helps?? :confused::laugh:

Thanks Huntia.

OK, I have now altered the opening statement heading the third section, so that the poll can have all three sections filled in.

Once again, I apologise for not being aware about the way these work prior... my first poll :hitself:

A hydrobath suitable for taller breeds, definitely. This includes a ramp and door of a size that a larger dog can actually use.

I couldn't vote either so my ideal would be..

Stainless steel tub, an arm to attach a grooming sling to (for the dogs who freak out and can't stand up properly, need the back end supported a bit), a solid anchor for clipping a lead to, sides that are high enough for larger dogs to not be constantly trying to step out. Attached baskets for shampoo and grooming supplies would also be good, along with a towel rail, to minimise the need to leave the dog unattended.

Also, hot water with the hose fitted with a mixer to make it easier to get the temperature right. Non-slip floor and also non-slip surface for the ramp- trying to get a large, damp dog back down those stainless steel ramps is scary.

Also, if possible, one side that is high and solid, the other side that is lower but can be adjusted up for the dogs intent on climbing out. Castors to make it easier to actually move around.

Twin tank would be ideal, not too concerned about where pumps or tub are manufactured as long as they come with a decent warranty.

Thanks Huntia.

OK, I have now altered the opening statement heading the third section, so that the poll can have all three sections filled in.

Once again, I apologise for not being aware about the way these work prior... my first poll :hitself:

Thats OK I answered the poll thee times before I realised what the problem was :o

You can't vote in the poll unless you answer all queations. You need an option on the first question of 'don't own a hydrobath' and an option on the third question of 'already own a hydrobath'.

You are so right, :laugh: that would have been the easiest way for me to fix it :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, I think it is too late to change it all now. I may have to scrap it entirely and start again... but I will definitely remember your suggestion for next time, thank you

We got a hydrobath when we got our third dog and wouldn't be without it. Has well and truly paid for itself.

Fibreglass construction, fairly basic, but good quality. It is well looked after (better than our crates ;) and will hopefully last a good number of years.

We are frequent hydrobath users, showing Standard Poodles means bathing before and after shows and weekly maintainance baths when not showing. We also have a few grooming clients, mostly Poodles.

Our ideal hydrobath -

Large with doors at both ends, some big dogs and older arthritic dogs can have trouble turning around and the walk-through option is good.

Cut-out on the large side is easier on the groomers back.

Heated, being water conscious, we save the rinsing water and reheat to bath another dog. Single tank is fine.

Pump needs to be powerful and easily accessible for maintainence.

Long flexible hose and big shower attachment.

Easy to clean filter.

Something secure to tie a dog lead on for jumpers (never leave a dog unattended, some dogs just continually try and get out and it's a struggle to bath them)

Built in shelf for shampoo bottles.

Material- we have a fibre glass and a plastic hydrobath, not a lot of difference.

Must be easily moved on good castors.

Colour - purple would be nice!

My main angst with my bath is that it takes too long to heat the water up. Washing a couple of dogs in a row is painful as the water doesn't heat up straight away after rinsing the previous dog. Also had this issue (not as bad) with my professional bath that I had when I was a groomer.

So instant hot water would be good.

My bath is a little high for me too. I found the booster bath more comfortable for me to use physically.