Ag Shows Vs Regular Dog Club Shows

stonecutter

I'm not a fan of Ag shows, the dog section always seems to get shoved in some crappy spot with very limited parking.

The general public doesn't bother me so much, nor do the noise if the rides etc.

However I prefer normal shows at our main 2 grounds.

you're just spoilt for choice :rofl:

if you live in the country and didn't do the agi shows the number of shows you could actually go to would be halved. Long live the agi shows!

if you live in the country and didn't do the agi shows the number of shows you could actually go to would be halved. Long live the agi shows!

True - I've been conciously looking at entering country show weekends to help support country clubs (since I'm sure the city clubs have no problems getting entries!)

Our first local Kennel club show for 2012 isnt until mid April,

if we didnt enter our local Ag shows we would not show until then :laugh:

yes you have to be extra careful with dogs and gear at Ag shows, but we always have a group of us who sit together and keep an eye on each others dogs and gear ! :thumbsup:

I have run the dog section for Rylstone Kandos Show for 6 years now, long before we had a Dog Club here- this year I will be running 2 other Dog sections (Mudgee and Wellington). They are a great day out for the whole family, and a golden opportunity for us to showcase our pure bred dogs to the local communities. As Libertybrook says, our first non- Ag All Breeds Show in the Central West in 2012 is at the end of March (Lithgow) and for this year only Dogs NSW Western Region in April at Rylstone, so prior to that we have Rydal, Oberon, Rylstone Kandos, Sofala, Mudgee and Blayney Show Societies . We sincerely hope that these shows will be well attended, as they are expensive to run (affiiation/draft schedule/advertisement/sashes and trophies/petrol and accommodation for judge...all for a one day show) and provided the dog sections break even they will continue! S please support us!