Another Byb Rant

erinonthefarm

I am a member of a buy swap sell group on facebook, and for the small town the group is relevant to there are a large number of puppies from byb for sale. Someone I know questioned if a community group was an appropriate place to sell puppies (not to mention the free to good homes adult dogs and cats).

Of course there was a huge response to this, both positive and negative, but the moderators removed the comments saying if you have a problem with someone selling something, get over it, don't look and move on. I've since seen on a thread about some puppies for sale (unvaccinated, unmicrochipped, unwormed ect) other people bagging people such as myself who don't want puppies to be sold on the group- where is the moderator now? Are they not commenting on something thay don't like? I got a BYB puppy once, and one from a pet shop before that, but that was because I didn't know any better, and I still got them microchipped, vaccinated and desexed. If someone had pointed out to me that there were better places to get a puppy from I would have been all ears.

I can almost guarantee that those puppies won't be desexed by their future owners, let alone all the other basic things they need, they will just open a bag of puppy pal and relegate the puppy to the backyard. What makes me the most angry is that most of these people who want puppies for sale on this group think that $300 for a desexed pound puppy is WAY too much, and that you can get a puppy and if your circumstances change you can put it back on the site and send the dog (or cat) onto the next home and no one should critisise you for it.

I get it, because I have brought a beautiful 8 week old puppy before and they are irrisistable, but only 2 or 3 months down the track they grow up so fast, and I can tell you all I will be watching and if any of these puppies turn up on the RSPCA website or the facebook group, I will be giving it to the pathetic humans who told me and others that we should just look the other way :mad .

In a related rant, my Brother in Law has bred his two kelpies, and while he walks them everyday and does love his dogs, he has let them have puppies because it is good for the mother! WTF who even thinks that anymore. He sent us photos of the puppies at their birth and I haven't spoken to him about it but my OH was asked to spread the word so Bro in Law could rehome them. I told OH not to get involved, his brother made his bed and now he can lie in it. My OH is dissapointed that his brother did this, as he has already had complaints from neighbours about dogs barking (he lives with his three kelpies in a townhouse) and he works very long hours. These puppies won't be getting any basic puppy healthcare either....

I really just wish that the human species could evolve......

a friend at work bred her aussie bulldog bitch to mature her. as far as i could see she was a sensible dog in the first place didn't need to have a litter of pups to make her even more sensible. the male dog however is nuts they have, he has been used at stud several times but i don't see that its matured him. they mature anyway in time as they get older. its just a ridiculous excuse to make some money is my point of view. then she announced that she is getting the bitch desexed because its too much work to rear litter of pups much to my relief. but they still let the male out for stud, eventhough he had to get his eyes stitched up because he had eyelids that drooped too much. and it was passed on by the sire.

My turn.

Guy I used to work with has 2 Border Collies, Samson and Delilah. Neither are registered. Samson is a few years old, Delilah is one and a half. Delilah was purchased with the intention of breeding with, I am assuming and both are entire and Samson's been used at stud before.

6 months ago, Delilah had her first heat, and this former workmate "forgot" or didn't lock SAmson up properly. 2 months later, at one year of age, Delilah was a mum. I was disappointed in this former workmate, but I understood that accidents when you are that young and dumb and hungover the majority of the time, can happen. She whelped fine and only lost one.

Then a few days ago he posts a photo of Samson and Delilah in a tie with the caption "Pretty sure he didn't use protection"...then I got mad. He came into my work yesterday, all cocky and up himself. I asked if he was going to let her go through with it (I would abort and spay immediately) and his answer "yea, she's a fit little bitch" and he didn't use the word bitch in the tone that dog people use. I was so angry I couldn't say anything, I just walked away.

It makes me so mad and sad :cry: I'm too shy to seriously say anything, not to mention he's so cocky and up himself at the moment that he wouldn't listen. AHHHHHH why are some people so stupid.

Yes, he does. He used to be nice, and his dad is great, works for National Parks and he rescues and rehabs snakes (you may have seen him on Bondi Vet once when Bondi vet came to Coffs Harbour to operate on a snake - that this guys dad rescued).

As horrible as it is, I hope something happens to make him wake up to the world (not necessarily regarding the dogs - I would hate to see Delilah hurt)

I no longer belong to Buy/Sell/Swap sites in my local area because they are full of byb"s trying to make money for Christmas by selling puppies and kittens. And then there are the other stupid people wanting to find a mate for their dog/bitch to have more puppies. It makes me sick to my stomach.