Service Certificate

Mille

Yes, sell them unregistered. If they can only go as desexed pets anyway, then a bit of paper isn't going to make any difference to their future.

I would also be telling pup owners and have on my website the reason why the pups can't be registered is due to the SDO holding the breeder to ransom with terms they didn't bother to mention before the mating happened.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, sell them unregistered. If they can only go as desexed pets anyway, then a bit of paper isn't going to make any difference to their future.

I would also be telling pup owners and have on my website the reason why the pups can't be registered is due to the SDO holding the breeder to ransom with terms they didn't bother to mention before the mating happened.

I agree. If the owner does not want to abort the bitch it's the only thing left to do.

I doubt the owner would have a web site as they don't even hold a prefix. :)

Thanks Greytmate, excellent point. They said the stud dog had been tested recently so maybe there is a possible fertility issue.

How old is the dog Mille? We have only ever tested one of our boys prior to a mating and that was because he was an older dog that had never been used at stud. He'd been in four homes prior to coming to us so we wanted to make sure he still had swimmers :)

The dog is 9 years old. They said they tested him in order to freeze sperm and he was ok for sperm count. I did ask about fertility because they originally wanted 3 matings over 3 days.

I guess stud dog progeny record is not open to public view like online studbook AQHA horses? I have been out of dog breeding since 1970s (might be still out of it). Thanks for your comments.

I tried to get information on stud dog's progeny through Dogs Vic but was advised that this information is no longer available due to the privacy laws now in force .

:( How annoying and illogical.

Somebody should take this up with them.

The privacy laws should cover people very strictly. But dogs should not be covered by privacy laws at all. All information on their achievements, hits and misses should be something available on the register for all to see, as it is conducive to breeding to improve the breed. Hiding information about dogs available at stud is harmful to a breed.

A dog is not going to be able to sue the registry for breach of privacy, and as long as there is no identifying details given about owner or address, there is no breach of anyone's privacy. How ridiculous that privacy laws should be abused in this way.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Privacy and litters are printed in the Gazette. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

If you had the inclination and the time your could go to KCC library and note the details of litters sired by the stud dog in every state and following up on them - but it would be time consuming. I enquired after reading information detailing the top producing Hungarian Vizsla sires (ANCK Database last updated 1 July 2005) listing the name of the sire, owner, titled progeny, number of litters and total number of offspring as to where the current information could be sourced from. I was advised by the Dogs Victoria Office that this information is no longer available due to the privacy laws. (Unable to copy the listing as it is part of a website and copying from it is barred - understandable)