Arrrhhh Doing My Head In!

SwaY

Hi SwaY :)

You could add Donadoni's prefix:- Laperla Maremmana - into the Maremma Sheepdog list.

World class, big beautiful dogs. Winner of Crufts BOB 2010

Px

The website is only for Australia Prefixes, they are Italian?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could add Donadoni's prefix:- Laperla Maremmana - into the Maremma Sheepdog list.

Px

What! Then what's the point? For someone searching for an unclaimed prefix, in order to apply for a new prefix, it may result in a duplication with an overseas prefix and will be rejected

Pursuant to the Code of Ethics, Regulations, Part 1 and 1a, Register and Registration, I refer you to clause 11.3 (b) an application for a prefix may be rejected by Dogs NSW if:

(ii) the word is identical with or deceptively similar to a previously registered prefix or an affix believed to be registered by a canine controlling body in another country.

Regards

Px

Edited by Tralee

Px

What! Then what's the point? For someone searching for an unclaimed prefix, in order to apply for a new prefix, it may result in a duplication with an overseas prefix and will be rejected

Pursuant to the Code of Ethics, Regulations, Part 1 and 1a, Register and Registration, I refer you to clause 11.3 (b) an application for a prefix may be rejected by Dogs NSW if:

(ii) the word is identical with or deceptively similar to a previously registered prefix or an affix believed to be registered by a canine controlling body in another country.

Regards

Px

A worldwide Prefix listing would be a monumental task! Better get cracking SwaY! ;)

You would just need to do a search for every country and hope they have someone who is putting as much effort into this as SwaY is!

A worldwide Prefix listing would be a monumental task! Better get cracking SwaY! ;)

You would just need to do a search for every country and hope they have someone who is putting as much effort into this as SwaY is!

I don't doubt the effort that has been made, and don't want to be pretentious, as the majority of Maremma prefixes were provided by yours truly.

But if an Australian offers an overseas prefix because it has appeared on a pedigree or may become part of a future pedigree then that pedigree could be verified in the database being compiled by SwaY

There is no need to list every prefix from all over the world. Just the ones that australiam breeders may encouter.

SwaY. Add the prefix Laperla Maremmana with the other Italian prefixes already there to the Maremma Sheepdog list please, so that my AI may be given some credulity.

Tralee

I don't doubt the effort that has been made, and don't want to be pretentious, as the majority of Maremma prefixes were provided by yours truly.

But if an Australian offers an overseas prefix because it has appeared on a pedigree or may become part of a future pedigree then that pedigree could be verified in the database being compiled by SwaY

There is no need to list every prefix from all over the world. Just the ones that australiam breeders may encouter.

SwaY. Add the prefix Laperla Maremmana with the other Italian prefixes already there to the Maremma Sheepdog list please, so that my AI may be given some credulity.

Tralee

By that do you mean list the ones that have already been used over here per A.I. or imported?

By that do you mean list the ones that have already been used over here per A.I. or imported?

I think so. They are relevant to our dogs and can only add to their status.

Two dogs back and I have these prefixes in my dogs pedigree:- Sognoerotica Loro Del Piana and Itl & Int Ch Pepitadoro Di Selvaspina

We are also planning to use: Laperla and so the people the pups will be homed with can get some assurance from an easily accessed site without chasing all over the place.

What do you think?

Px

Edited by Tralee

The website was set up for Australian people wishing to obtain a prefix, if there are any O/S ones listed then they need to be removed - please let me know what they are so they can be removed.

I will not be adding imported or dogs used via AI to the database.

Show them a copy of the pedigree should your puppy buyers be concerned.

I think so. They are relevant to our dogs and can only add to their status.

Two dogs back and I have these prefixes in my dogs pedigree:- Sognoerotica Loro Del Piana and Itl & Int Ch Pepitadoro Di Selvaspina

We are also planning to use: Laperla and so the people the pups will be homed with can get some assurance from an easily accessed site without chasing all over the place.

What do you think?

Px

assurance about what? that you're not telling them porkies? :laugh:

@ Tralee

Sway does an awesome job providing a free service to Australian breeders. It's up to them to stipulate the terms of the service.

If you want an international list of prefixes (even of just your breed), why not do it yourself? If you think it's warranted/needed, why try to make it someone else's bother? Learn some new skills along the way. :)

Sway - Thank you for the excellent work you do. :thumbsup:

Edited by Lowenhart

The website was set up for Australian people wishing to obtain a prefix,

To what end? Anyone applying for a prefix is still blind to an affix believed to be registered by a canine controlling body in another country and risks being rejected. It seems the state CCC's are the only ones privy to the prefixes that are unavailable.

Another question is what controls are in place to remove prefixes that have expired due to the five year limitation so as to not mislead people into thinking they are unavailable?

Px

A "Prefix" is just that, a "Prefix". Just a Stud name that goes before the animals "Given" name.

What really determines who the dog is and where the dog is from are the details attached to it's pedigree. Its Reg. No. the Sire and Dams Reg. No., said dogs microchip numbers, Breeders details, OMG two thousand SBT breeders with the name John Smith!!!!! :eek: (kidding)

There could well be a number of highly similar if not exact prefix names around the world. But working out whos who would come down to the attached information.

If each country has, and it appears many do, a list of it's Prefixes on a website, it is easy enough to check.

A Master List could some day be compiled with the country of origin shown I guess, all thanks to the various "SwaYd's" out there!

Px

Regards

Px

Doesn't matter - it's the ANKC (or whichever state controlling bodies job to determine whether you can have one of your submitted prefixes. There is a reason why they make us submit 10 of the things when we register for a prefix. My prefix is incredibly similar to one in the same breed overseas. It wasn't my first choice but my third. It wasn't rejected. I was grateful to Sway and her website when coming up with 10 prefixes - so I wouldn't waste a preference with something that would be rejected quickly.

Hi Sway - Jaemist - its mine - Shetland Sheepdog.... cheers (no litter yet - fingers crossed for February).

Just by the by - How did you know about that one? I hadn't said anything when I got it and don't think its been published here in SA. No dogs with this prefix yet cos the puppies haven't been born... Does ANKC send out an update of recently registered prefixes in each state?

Cheers

Edited by jr_inoz

Hi Sway - Jaemist - its mine - Shetland Sheepdog.... cheers (no litter yet - fingers crossed for February).

Just by the by - How did you know about that one? I hadn't said anything when I got it and don't think its been published here in SA. No dogs with this prefix yet cos the puppies haven't been born...

I have edited it for you. Vic&NSW gazettes have a list of newly approved prefixes and they are entered in the database each month.

That why many will show up with no breed assigned to them.

I think all States should publish the newly approved prefixes, how else can you object if you don't know what they are??

Does ANKC send out an update of recently registered prefixes in each state?

Oh how I wish! I have asked for a list and they won't supply one.