A Dog Getting Its Own Way

Bubitty

Bubitty, this is an article from the k9pro website and it explains why some people don't like the idea of a dog just getting what it wants because it wants it:

http://www.k9pro.com.au/pages/DJ-the-Black-Lab-vs.-Granny.html

But I know what you mean about the average person who thinks that spoiling a dog is doing things that make your dog's life a happy one.

I have been told by people in my neighbourhood that I'm spoiling my dogs because they get walked everyday, or because they have coats in winter, or because they are inside... whatever my dogs are the ones living happy comfortable lives and that's what matters :)

Edited by raineth

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoil Holly. She gets away with a lot more than the others because she's a simple, sweet dog who loves to please. The others are terriers, give them an inch and they will take a mile. :laugh: Holly doesn't always get what she wants though, she knows 'no' and 'enough', and that is enough for her to move on. I love giving her what she wants, it makes me happy. She's the easiest of our dogs to live with and in no way demanding. If our other dogs got their way as much as she did it would be a different story.

I recently lost Maizie, my beautiful blue Aussie in my avatar and since then I have given Holly even more. It makes us both happy and losing Maizie made me realise how little time I have with my girls.

Everyone's idea on dog ownership is different and if your method isn't causing you, your family or your animals problems, they don't worry about what people say. Love the time with your dogs, its way too short. :(

My dogs think they have me VERY well trained.

Do a bit of prancy heel work? Mum gives us chicken.

Retrieve anything, anywhere, anytime? Mum gives us cheese.

Sail over a few jumps? Mum shovels treats down out throat.

Spend a fun day out at a trial? We get a chicken frame for dinner.

Poor Mum just doesn't understand how easy she is to manipulate :laugh:

My dogs think they have me VERY well trained.Do a bit of prancy heel work? Mum gives us chicken. Retrieve anything, anywhere, anytime? Mum gives us cheese.Sail over a few jumps? Mum shovels treats down out throat. Spend a fun day out at a trial? We get a chicken frame for dinner. Poor Mum just doesn't understand how easy she is to manipulate

Like this :)

Edited by persephone