Affordable Anti-bark Collars Under $100

dilemmax

If your dog stops barking because the can rattles, what will it do when the can can't rattle because your not there?

But that's what I thought the idea of conditioning was, whether through reinforcement or punishment. That the dog (or human or whatever creature) comes to associate the consequence with the action and therefore continues or discontinues the action based on the consequence.

We toilet train dogs to take themselves outside through dog doors to toilet outside whether we are home or not using positive reinforcement, does punishment work differently? (again genuine question, I want to understand).

If your dog stops barking because the can rattles, what will it do when the can can't rattle because your not there?

But that's what I thought the idea of conditioning was, whether through reinforcement or punishment. That the dog (or human or whatever creature) comes to associate the consequence with the action and therefore continues or discontinues the action based on the consequence.

We toilet train dogs to take themselves outside through dog doors to toilet outside whether we are home or not using positive reinforcement, does punishment work differently? (again genuine question, I want to understand).

You cannot eliminate yourself from the equation so when your not there the conditioning isn't either. Toilet training is creating a habit where the negativity is being around your own waste. Barking is a habit your trying to stop.

To mention the bark control 'shock' collars, they aren't actually an electric shock, it is a static correction, like when you touch your car in the sunlight. It's not a zap zap, hair standing on end electric shock. With that said, I can fully understand the option to go for citronella collars instead for those who aren't fans :)

i have used citro with success , atm I am using a voice recorded collar, you record whatever u want onto it , in my case "NO BARK! " but you could record the rattling nails in tin too . I have had ppl laugh at the idea , but it is working great with my girl :thumbsup: bought it from topbuy for under $15-

i have used citro with success , atm I am using a voice recorded collar, you record whatever u want onto it , in my case "NO BARK! " but you could record the rattling nails in tin too . I have had ppl laugh at the idea , but it is working great with my girl :thumbsup: bought it from topbuy for under $15-

I'd love one of these if it would work on Monte when he starts crying at 4.30am. It wouldn't work though, only a miracle will save him I think! He's untrainable. :laugh:

Guest lavendergirl

I think this is a great idea and would be very interested in getting one - did you buy it online?

I'd love one of these if it would work on Monte when he starts crying at 4.30am. It wouldn't work though, only a miracle will save him I think! He's untrainable. :laugh:

I had thought there was no hope with Ricki soooo many times now, but kept at it til I found the answer , and it was in a cheap as chips peice of stuff I gave a go :laugh: there is hope ;)

i have used citro with success , atm I am using a voice recorded collar, you record whatever u want onto it , in my case "NO BARK! " but you could record the rattling nails in tin too . I have had ppl laugh at the idea , but it is working great with my girl :thumbsup:bought it from topbuy for under $15-

I think this is a great idea and would be very interested in getting one - did you buy it online?

http://www.topbuy.com.au/tbcart/pc/Ultrasonic-Bark-Stopper-with-Customized-Audio-Commands-p50844.htm

takes 2 small watch batts, but i have found packets of these from one of those cheap shops for about $4- and has 6 of the size u need , so not much to run , comes with the 1st 2 batts

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lavendergirl

I had thought there was no hope with Ricki soooo many times now, but kept at it til I found the answer , and it was in a cheap as chips peice of stuff I gave a go :laugh: there is hope ;)

i have used citro with success , atm I am using a voice recorded collar, you record whatever u want onto it , in my case "NO BARK! " but you could record the rattling nails in tin too . I have had ppl laugh at the idea , but it is working great with my girl :thumbsup:bought it from topbuy for under $15-

http://www.topbuy.com.au/tbcart/pc/Ultrasonic-Bark-Stopper-with-Customized-Audio-Commands-p50844.htm

takes 2 small watch batts, but i have found packets of these from one of those cheap shops for about $4- and has 6 of the size u need , so not much to run , comes with the 1st 2 batts

Just wondering if you had any trouble with the delivery of your anti-bark collar? I ordered one of these from Topbuy weeks ago and it still has not arrived! Can't get any response to my emails either and I have only now seen all the bad reviews of this company on the web. :mad

Edited by lavendergirl

Just wondering if you had any trouble with the delivery of your anti-bark collar? I ordered one of these from Topbuy weeks ago and it still has not arrived! Can't get any response to my emails either and I have only now seen all the bad reviews of this company on the web. :mad

I have used them several times and not had any probs at all, maybe they are snowed under with christmas , hope it turns up soon , I have never had need to email, so can't say what they are like for replies

Guest lavendergirl

They have a live chat option on their website, that could help you.

Thank you - I will try again today. I have tried their call line and waited for ages on hold and gave up.