I Have A New Dog :)

DAVERI

Technically, there is no such thing as a pedigree black Stafford. They are all black brindle and if you look closely you will find a brindle hair on them somewhere.

My Esme appears to be jet black but she has two brindle hairs on her head. She was bought as a black brindle and her pedigree papers say black brindle. It was tough work though finding one as black as possible :laugh:

Daveri, if you don't like the name change it. Don't fell bad she will adjust in a week whereas you have her for a life time with a name you aren't keen on.

She could have just been bought as a pure bred but not technically a pedigree/from a registered breeder. Although some unethical breeders do sell without papers. Either way I don't suppose it really matters! She's got a beaut new home and you love her regardless :thumbsup:

her name is lara. we are having trouble calling her that, just dont seem to suit her but thats the name she came with so we will keep it. she is out of pure parents but she was purchased without papers. can she still be pedigree if she hasn't got papers or is she just pure bred and i've worded that wrong too. :confused: Im a little new to the dog lingo, i've been breeding horses for over 15 years but the dog talk is new now i've given up the horses.

Years ago we bought a standard schnauzer whose sire was from a well respected breeder and we were given the option of papers or without. Because we had no intention to show, we opted to go without papers, but the pup was a very well bred pure breed and pedigree to boot.

The papers are the pedigree. If you do not know what is on a dog's pedigree, have never seen it or don't have access to it, you shouldn't be claiming that your dog is pedigree. Purebred maybe, but if you choose to buy an unpapered dog, there can be no claims made as to a dog's breeding.

The papers are the pedigree. If you do not know what is on a dog's pedigree, have never seen it or don't have access to it, you shouldn't be claiming that your dog is pedigree. Purebred maybe, but if you choose to buy an unpapered dog, there can be no claims made as to a dog's breeding.

If you are referring to me, then I actually spoke to the sire's owner as I said is a well respected breeder. I did see the dog's pedigree and because we could save a couple of hundred dollars, and to me it didn't make a difference because I wasn't going down the showing or breeding track, I chose to go the cheapskate route. I would not think that the sire's owner would put herself into a situation where she was found to be untruthful. She is to this day winning in the show ring.

If you are referring to me, then I actually spoke to the sire's owner as I said is a well respected breeder. I did see the dog's pedigree and because we could save a couple of hundred dollars, and to me it didn't make a difference because I wasn't going down the showing or breeding track, I chose to go the cheapskate route. I would not think that the sire's owner would put herself into a situation where she was found to be untruthful. She is to this day winning in the show ring.

I can't comment on individual cases, and we would hope that all breeders are honest.

When a breeder signs paperwork and registers a pup on the main or limited register they are creating a document that provides evidence that a breeding occurred and that the pup is of that breeding. That is why we have papers and registration, so that breeding claims can be documented should they later need to be verified. Without papers you are in no position to question the truthfulness of the breeder.

Sorry, but not very ethical of a breeder to be charging $200 more for papers!

Slighty OT, but I noticed yesterday even the DogsVic website is referring to SBT as "staffies" these days! On the show schedule I came across some "staffie shows". :rolleyes:

Lara looks like a sweet girl. Glad she has a nice new home with you. :)

Edit cos I can't spell.

Edited by Sir WJ

I guess you are right, but I had no problems with the breeder. If I needed to know anything from the breeder she was very forthcoming. I must admit that was in the days before I knew anything about registered breeders and protocol needed to be followed. Other than saving ourselves $200 I was not dudded and the boy we picked was a magnificent boy. Now I know much better and with each subsequent pup I will always ensure that the pedigree comes too. :o

I guess you are right, but I had no problems with the breeder. If I needed to know anything from the breeder she was very forthcoming. I must admit that was in the days before I knew anything about registered breeders and protocol needed to be followed. Other than saving ourselves $200 I was not dudded and the boy we picked was a magnificent boy. Now I know much better and with each subsequent pup I will always ensure that the pedigree comes too. :o

I've had a breeder like that too. Probably not the best dogs or best dietary start but very helpful and friendly and I still got the best dog. :D

I don't care what anyone says, if I find a breeder who might not stick to the 'rules' but I feel they tick all my other boxes I still move forward with this breeder if we have clicked. My main priority is always after sales support.

Edited by Clyde