I Have A New Dog :)

DAVERI

after months of looking for a bully pup i finally got my name on a waiting list about a week or so ago.

i was contacted by a family member about her staffy bitch she needed to rehome. she is 3 years old and pedigree english staffy but no papers. she needed to rehome her because there not home much now and the dog was spending all her time on the chain because everytime they let her off she was straight over the fence and off to the local school to play with the kids. and just by luck my mother was travelling up from NSW the next day and so she stopped in and picked her up.

so im still on the waiting list but now have a staff girl too. it works out well i guess cause im not looking at getting the pup until at least another 6mths and we really needed a dog now. my partner works on cars at home and this way a dog is going to let us know is people are snooping round. she's grown up around other dogs, kids and other animals so when the pup comes it will be good for her too.

she arrived on tuesday after 4 hours drive. she was so good in the car, just sat on the seat the whole way. and she's been real good here too. she's meet the cats which went well. and the kids. she's such a sook. Jet black with the biggest bark brown eyes. I can't beleive how good she is. at night i've put her on a chain at the back door (just until she gets use to the place and i have her micro chipped and council registered) and by day she has access to the hole 2 acres. and she hasn't once tried to run away. our fances are higher then where she came from so that helps too.

for the most part she's very quiet. and if you are outside she's happy to plod around the yard and sit at your feet etc. well she sits on my partners feet looking up at him with those big eyes when he's talking to the young blokes about cars this and cars that like she's talking it all in. only thing is when we've been out or wake up in the morning she is very excitable. she runs up to me and jumps and almost knoks me off my feet. so we will have to work on that.

but next week we are off to the vet for a check up, micro chip (if she hasn't already got one cause they can't remember if she had one when they got her)and vacc's. then council rego and im looking into doggy school. cause she hasn't had any real training.

Only the Americans are American. A lot of people call them Amstaffs for short. What you have is a Staffordshire Bull Terrier, or Stafford, SBT and some say Staffy (although this is controversial :laugh:)

Either way she looks absolutely gorgeous and seems like she has landed on her feet with you. Hope things continue to go smoothly, she certainly sounds like she has adjuted well :thumbsup:

ive owned staffies over the years but it's been a long time since i did any reading up on them. when i was contacted about taking the dog she made a note of saying she was English not american.

personally i thought all staffies came from English lines somewhere along and couldn't understand how you could have an American staffordshire when the breed is English. that is a bit like saying you have American English bulldog :confused: .

my friend said his dog is an American staffy. when i googled it they look taller then what i would consider being a staffy and look more like a pitbull type.

but apart from that ive seen them adverised as American staffies, american staffordshire bull terriers, american staffordshire and amstaffs etc. honestly i wasn't sure if it was something people made up to rename pits or a new breed because their popping up everywhere these days (well those oodle types which they palm off as a breed).

American Staffordshire Terriers are NOT pitbulls, they were derived from pitbull stock and look somewhat similar but generally more heavier then a pitbull... Amstaffs and Staffordshire Bull Terriers were developed in different countries and from different stock, hence why they look so different, not actually related at all, its confusing I know!... also im not picking, just genuinly curious, how can you have a pedigree dog that has no papers? she is just stunning by the way! good on you for taking her on! nothing better than a loving SBT in the family, I wish you many years of fun and love with her!! :thumbsup:

her name is lara. we are having trouble calling her that, just dont seem to suit her but thats the name she came with so we will keep it. she is out of pure parents but she was purchased without papers. can she still be pedigree if she hasn't got papers or is she just pure bred and i've worded that wrong too. :confused: Im a little new to the dog lingo, i've been breeding horses for over 15 years but the dog talk is new now i've given up the horses.

American Staffordshire Terriers are NOT pitbulls, they were derived from pitbull stock and look somewhat similar but generally more heavier then a pitbull... Amstaffs and Staffordshire Bull Terriers were developed in different countries and from different stock, hence why they look so different, not actually related at all, its confusing I know!... also im not picking, just genuinly curious, how can you have a pedigree dog that has no papers? she is just stunning by the way! good on you for taking her on! nothing better than a loving SBT in the family, I wish you many years of fun and love with her!! :thumbsup:

Amstaffs are Pitbulls & both are related to the Staffordshire Bull Terrier.

A pedigree is a recording of ancestors. The dogs don't even necessarily have to be of the same breed.

Many "old timers" kept meticulous records of their working dog breedings in ledgers, exercise books or written on the shed wall. I cleaned that up)

A "pure breed" doesn't necessarily have to be registered or even have papers if it meets the criterior of breeding to type every time.

Registered, recognised pure breeds are a different story.