Is C4 Vaccination Enough To Go To A Boarding Kennel

quangle

Hi,

I have an 8 month old pup. She received the C4 vaccination before we got her and is not due for her booster until May next year. I now need to board her for a week. Will this be enough, or does she need the C5? And if so, is there some way of 'upgrading' her vaccination?

Also, is it ok to vaccinate while she is in season, as she is at the moment (hoping to help an inverted vulva) and there is 3 weeks before she needs to go to the kennel.

Thanks

Call clinics and ask if you can get a C2i vaccination only. (Canine Cough) It should be possible for them to just vaccinate her with that component as it comes in a separate vial than a C3. You could also get the intranasal vaccine for canine cough which will give her protection faster.

Depends on the kennel.

The science is complicated. The C3/C4 part of the vaccine tends to be good for years, while the C5 part (KC) tends to wear off in a matter of months; the C3 diseases are life-threatening while KC usually isn't. Unless your state law makes specific requirements, different kennels will have different interpretations.