Clean Run...free Shipping

sheena

Update on the quarantine it doesnt go through customs but australia post... so I need to call them to see if they would allow it through..... I assume they are not as anal about packaged items coming through :S but will find out today.

- So I called Australia post any dry food up to 2kg is fine and wet food upto 10kg.

Edited by GussysMum

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update on the quarantine it doesnt go through customs but australia post... so I need to call them to see if they would allow it through..... I assume they are not as anal about packaged items coming through :S but will find out today.

- So I called Australia post any dry food up to 2kg is fine and wet food upto 10kg.

I had a friend in the US send my a small packet of treat once, and they got taken away

I had a friend in the US send my a small packet of treat once, and they got taken away

Ow really??

Hmm... not sure, but thats what Autralia Post told me, and Customs said that it doesnt go through them.

Oh well I will just have to wait and see :)

It wouldn't be a customs matter, they deal with tariffs, duties and trade rules, and things prohibited from import by law, like weapons, some chemicals etc.

I think it will be Quarantine (AQIS) will be who seize it, if it is seized, on the grounds that it is a disease risk, or may be infested with insect pests etc. Highly processed foods are often OK, it depends on specific things like cooking temperature, and the less processed the more issue you are likely to have. Australia Post would get to say what they will carry, but not what can enter the country. I guess you'll know one way or the other soon anyway.

Edited by Diva

It wouldn't be a customs matter, they deal with tariffs, duties and trade rules, and things prohibited from import by law, like weapons, some chemicals etc.

I think it will be Quarantine (AQIS) will be who seize it, if it is seized, on the grounds that it is a disease risk, or may be infested with insect pests etc. Highly processed foods are often OK, it depends on specific things like cooking temperature, and the less processed the more issue you are likely to have. Australia Post would get to say what they will carry, but not what can enter the country. I guess you'll know one way or the other soon anyway.

Well that was my thought, but I called quarantine and customes.... both said if it is coming through via Australia Post I would need to contact them....or the company the post is coming with.

I hope I get them all :(..... Its hard to find bulli chews and what not here.)

When did you order, because we started mentioning that treats wouldn't get through on page two :laugh:

We were talking about it the other day and thouugh maybe Clean Run should be told that treats are not allowed to be sent to Australia, but I guess it's not up to them to know that, they just fill the orders that are put in.

When did you order, because we started mentioning that treats wouldn't get through on page two :laugh:

We were talking about it the other day and thouugh maybe Clean Run should be told that treats are not allowed to be sent to Australia, but I guess it's not up to them to know that, they just fill the orders that are put in.

Yeap I didnt notice the threat till after I had already purchased the items lol :) A lot of companies wont sell items over seas that have difficulty getting over the border so I just assumed these were fine.

Edited by GussysMum

Well that's probably lucky... or your order may have been 4 times the size :laugh:

I completely forgot what I ordered now, I hope its not predominanlty treats.... :o

Well I just looked at my order... looks like I wont be getting half of it :(

Everlasting Bento Balls

Chase It Dog Toy

Woodland Knotties Raccoon Dog Toy

Training the Whistle Recall DVD

Air 235 Flying Disc

Bingo-Lo Buffalo Bully Stick—09in.

Bingo Buffalo Bully Stick Bites—1lb.

Edited by GussysMum