Dog Panicked And Freaking Out

Staffyluv

My sister just called about her 18 month old stafford and she is worried about him because she said he is actIng like he is totally freaked out, running around, panting, hiding under the table.

He has done this before and the vet gave her Valium for the dog and she has just given him a dose of 2mg and he still won't settle. Not even food can entice him to sit still.

Anyone have any suggestions that I can offer her as she lives out of town and can't get to a vet right now

Thanks in advance

No storm and it is a quiet night.

That is the strange thing, there does not seem to be a reason

I have suggested he might have Eaten something or stung by a bee or worse a snake. It she has been over him and can't find anything ( he is mostly white with a couple of tan patches) so a bite would be easy to spot

My Jasmine carries on like that when a storm is on it's way.

She'll know way before I do. Like the other day, it was sunny outside but she was acting odd and hanging around me, quiet anxious. I thought to myself a storm is coming and sure as houses we got one not long after with lots of loud thunder.

How is he doing now Staffyluv?

Pers I did not even think of a seizure.

She is going to give him some rescue remedy and watch hi overnight but he seems to be settling.

They have heaps of storms up there and they have never bothered him. He even goes out into the rain. So she said it is. It a storm issue (that was the first thing I asked her)

Fingers crossed he is OK

Staffyluv, you said your sister is out of town - the dog couldn't have had access to 1080 bait could it? The first symptoms are anxiety & rushing around.

ETA Oh sorry, just reread your post & you stated it has happened before :o

Edited by trifecta

He has done this before and the vet gave her Valium for the dog and she has just given him a dose of 2mg and he still won't settle.

I would get him to a vet as soon as possible, but I just thought I might comment on the Valium - this is a really small dose so I would check that with the vet. I would hazard a guess the dog calmed down on his own.

It is possibly something that they haven’t thought of or don’t recognise is occurring.

One of my Stafford’s started getting really distressed at times, to cut a long story short, she is terrified of the wind, because it makes the door slam shut.

We also could not work out why all of a sudden she would not go out to the sunroon in the mornings, which is their room, worked out eventually it was the hot air baloons.

It is possibly something that they haven’t thought of or don’t recognise is occurring.

One of my Stafford’s started getting really distressed at times, to cut a long story short, she is terrified of the wind, because it makes the door slam shut.

We also could not work out why all of a sudden she would not go out to the sunroon in the mornings, which is their room, worked out eventually it was the hot air baloons.

Agree with this. :)

Agree with this. :)

x3

Even a faulty ballast in the fluoro light fitting can be a problem, we don't hear it but they do.