Poodles In Perth

minimiss

My Mum has finally decided over years of 'umm-ing and ahh-ing' she's finally getting a puppy.

She had them growing up in England, and has decided with my Sister over the other side of town, and myself over the other side of the country it's time to have another 'baby' :laugh:

Darling Mother is not so handy with a computer and is keen to locate a breeder (I've knowledged her on BYB, health issues etc, so she wants to find a registed and ethical breeder.. Victory!!) :thumbsup: As my Sister is not the most supportive of helping others, Mum has enlisted me to do so.

So, I was hoping if any DOLers know of any great Poodle breeders in Perth (Toy or Miniture)? She's not really comfortable in getting an interstate puppy and would prefer to go and meet the breeder to check out the puppies etc. herself. I've seen a few breeders listed on the usual sites, however if anyone has recommendations beforehand, this would be excellent.

Thanks in advance! :)

Edited by minimiss

Exactly! Lots of knowledgeable poodle people on here and the poodle thread is pretty active.

I have a poodle x, awesome dog, my heart dog! And from what I've seen very typical dog behaviour, he doesn't know he's small and fluffy and responds fantastically when treated with the same principles as any other dog. Yay for your mum, exciting.

Edited because you should have seen what my phone wrote.

Edited by Saxonpup

Thanks Poo-Fong and Saxonpup!

I think a Poodle would be a great match for her, she's very doting and mothering and from what I've read poodles are very loyal, sweetnatured and smart little critters (Reading the poodle breed profile actually sounds like it's explaining my Mum, minus the wool :laugh: )

Is that your little poodle X in the pic Saxonpup? Both your little dogs are beautiful :)

Have you phoned the WA canine association & asked ?

Sometimes breeders are on their website but not all especially if they are not computer savvy.

Your mum needs to go to the breeders home & visit as some breeders may not have much info on the net or show but still have fantastic dogs.

Make sure she sights in writing the PRA & any other health test results, including patella checks before she parts with any money.

Thanks so much Christine, I've given here the number - You do prove a good point there. :thumbsup:

I've given her a list of things to ask for, it's made her a little bit more aware of the things that could potentially go wrong which is good. She'll go in looking not just with her heart, but now at least with her head aswell, knowing that just because it's cute it doesn't mean it's perfect. Which wouldn't be fair on her or the puppy.