Baiting Of Dogs In Adelaide

Ker

Has anyone heard of any dog baiting in Adelaide, particularly around the North eastern suburbs? I just heard from a friend of mine who came home today to find one of his dogs dead and lumps of raw meat in the backyard :( Do the police take this seriously?

The police should be called and a report made, I would suggest an autopsy to see if there were poisons or at least get the meat tested and also contact the council. I am sorry for your friends loss

Edited by millbrooksprings

someone I know lost their Ridgeback a couple of year ago, in the southern suburbs, to baiting. From the neighbour over the back fence. Didn't like the dog barking. Was very sad.

Police report made but because they didn't actually see the neighbour throw the bait, nothing was done. I couldn't understand that.

Very sad

Oh no, how sad for your friend and his dog. I hope his other dog(s) are ok.

I have not heard anything about baiting.

I would definitely report it to the police, there may be other cases of it that can be linked. I would think about contacting the council as well.

He called the police and they said "well, what do you want us to do?" :mad

I've told him to call the council. And take the meat to the vet to have it tested. Strangely, there are also lumps of rockmelon around the yard??? WTH?

His female Shar Pei is ok. Boy was not so lucky. He was a bit of a pig though and would have scoffed meat down. She is not so piggy.

That's horrible and what a response from the police. Dad had his Border Collie baited a few years back and several other dogs in their street and surronding streets were baited. The police took it very seriously as they thought it was some one getting rid of the dogs so they could break in - it was just a few weeks before Christmas. Really sorry for your friend.

bloody cops..... A crime has been committed, they should at least take a report & show a little compassion!

Bet the response might be a bit different if a little kiddy had taken the bait....

He called the police and they said "well, what do you want us to do?" :mad

I've told him to call the council. And take the meat to the vet to have it tested. Strangely, there are also lumps of rockmelon around the yard??? WTH?

His female Shar Pei is ok. Boy was not so lucky. He was a bit of a pig though and would have scoffed meat down. She is not so piggy.

What a digesting act and a disgusting response from police. I'd make a complaint. Or call the papers. Or both.

Poor guy, what a way to go... at least his owner still has the girl, and it wasn't a double heartbreak :(

Thats just terrible ...

I wanted to add i had heard of similar situations (not in Adelaide though ) where dogs were baited before break ins - i know this has already been mentioned . Just mention it to your friend and be mindful of security.

That's horrible and what a response from the police. Dad had his Border Collie baited a few years back and several other dogs in their street and surronding streets were baited. The police took it very seriously as they thought it was some one getting rid of the dogs so they could break in - it was just a few weeks before Christmas. Really sorry for your friend.

That's exactly what was happening in my suburb recently, the police took it VERY seriously. A heap of dogs were baited, then a week to a couple of weeks later the houses were broken into. The council rangers here were letting people know.

Yeah the cops said to him to be mindful of security because people could try to break in. He still has the female pei, but both dogs were very friendly. They didn't have to kill him :( Dillon would have shown them where the good stuff was. He was the most beautiful, sweet, dopey dog I have ever met and an absolute credit to his breed and breeder. He converted the vet, who didn't like pei's before she desexed him.