Weekend Photos 5th/6th Nov

tdierikx

A mate of mine is a bit of a photography buff and he set up a photo weekend last weekend. Saturday we went to Taronga Zoo, and on Sunday we went to the Chinese Garden at Darling Harbour then walked around Darling Harbour itself.

Here are some of the myriad photos I took...

Zoo photos first.

Lions

05-11-2011-zoo095.jpg

05-11-2011-zoo135.jpg

Tigers - they have babies!!

05-11-2011-zoo144.jpg

05-11-2011-zoo153.jpg

05-11-2011-zoo176.jpg

05-11-2011-zoo180.jpg

Chimps

05-11-2011-zoo435.jpg

05-11-2011-zoo520.jpg

05-11-2011-zoo525.jpg

More coming...

I actually have a series of photos of the mother chimp and her baby - it was so sweet that I couldn't pass up the chance to rapid shot her... *grin*

I took 1600 photos at the zoo... errr!

The tiger cubs are too cute for words, but the light reflecting off the glass and masses of people cramming for a look made getting decent photos bloody hard! Got plenty of daddy tiger before they put him away and let the mum and bubs out...

I also got a lot of seagulls flying (most in good focus too) at Darling Harbour.

Hoping for some decent sunny weather during the week soon to go back to the Zoo without the massive crowds - try to get some better tiger cub shots...

T.

I was using the Canon EF-S 55-250mm standard zoom lens that came with my camera - Canon EOS 450D.

I should have used my polariser filter for some of the shots, but I'd lent it to my friend.

Hopefully we will have some more sunny weather next week and I can go again on my own (we were in a group on the weekend), and take my time at some of the enclosures fro some better photos.

Here are some of the shots I took about 4 years ago with my Canon Powershot S5...

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/tdierikx/S5%20Zoo%20photos/

T.