Whippet Fun Day Carrum

Kirislin

Our little social club had a members day at Carrum beach on Oct 29th, just getting in before leash restrictions come into force. It was cold, rainy and windy when we set out so the last thing we all expected was to go home sunburnt, but that's how it turned out. Good old Melbourne weather.

thanks :D I got a few of little Mindy looking all sad and alone, like she'd been washed up on the beach and forgotten, poor baby, then Belinda came along and was patting her but she still didn't move. She's a funny little girl isn't she.

Fantastic photos Kirislin.The black one's a little goer.Takes the big tumble and and then jumps up and keeps running!What a great day.Are they making that beach a leashed area?

Yes unfortunately, it's dogs on lead all through the warmer months now. The car park is a rip off there anyway, we might have to find another beach. We've been there 3 times since April (I think), the first time it was $8 for the day, the next visit it was $9 and now it's $10!! When ever we've gone there we are the only ones in the car park, it's not well used at all, even the locals say so. It's such a rip off. :mad I cannot see how they can justify the charges. $1 for 20minutes. :eek:

anyway, that's my rant.

Yes that gangly little pup was a real goer alright, he looks like he's being hammered by the other dogs but when they stopped he was right into the crush again.

That IS a rip off!Hope you find a nice spot for your fun days the Whips look like they have a ball.We have a nice off leash beach here but I can't let my greyhounds off.People get a little hysterical seeing my two thundering down the beach and besides that they don't come back. :o

West St Kilda has a big beach and if you go early is is very queit. Rickett's Point is also nice but doesn't have a lot of zoomie room (it looks like they do a LOT of zoomies!).

Is it an exclusively whippet thing?

West St Kilda has a big beach and if you go early is is very queit. Rickett's Point is also nice but doesn't have a lot of zoomie room (it looks like they do a LOT of zoomies!).

Is it an exclusively whippet thing?

We're a whippet club but we've had other breeds come along sometimes.

forgot to say though, whippets can be dreadfully "racist" or perhaps it should be breedist.

6016881052_ef50e4193a_z.jpg

they've sometimes been compared to little meerkats and here they are doing the meerkat thing of mobbing :laugh: telling this interloper he does not belong on their beach.

6016326951_200f57600c_z.jpg

Edited by Kirislin

Our little social club had a members day at Carrum beach on Oct 29th, just getting in before leash restrictions come into force. It was cold, rainy and windy when we set out so the last thing we all expected was to go home sunburnt, but that's how it turned out. Good old Melbourne weather.

http://www.flickr.co...960063349/show/

Hi, I am new to this site and I love your photos, I have 2 whippets here in Adelaide and we are at the beach a lot, (free parking too)...here are some pics of my dogs, Franni (solid Fawn) and Archer brindle

attachment=245367:beach 2.jpg]post-42790-0-99802800-1320968269_thumb.jpg

post-42790-0-84782800-1320968267_thumb.jpg

thanks :D I got a few of little Mindy looking all sad and alone, like she'd been washed up on the beach and forgotten, poor baby, then Belinda came along and was patting her but she still didn't move. She's a funny little girl isn't she.

She is a funny little girl. At home she's lively, but when out and about she is "reserved".

Here's some proof that she can actually run! :laugh:

That's her in 3rd place. :D

Oct2011Whippets077.jpg