Cut & Now Scab On Nose

mrs tornsocks

Archie had a cut on his nose - we think a result of the sharp bit of a bone, and some vigorous burying - it was raw & peeled off a bit, and is now pinkish & patchy. I haven't taken him to the vet but wondering if people think I need to do anything to try & ensure his normal brown bits come back ok.

Any advice appreciated.

snoz-1.jpg

Edited by mrs tornsocks

Probably not a lot you can do about what colour it will come back - if it was really deep it may scar and stay that lighter colour, if it was shallow, it'll probably come back the darker colour.

My girl had the same thing!!! It does take a looooooong time for noses to heal! She did hers nearly 5 weeks ago!! It was a tad smaller than a 5 cent coin size and now it's just about gone. It was the same colour as your boys and the normal colour is just about back now but she probably didn't go as much on to the black as your boys (I know his is brown, but you know what I mean :D ) I bought some bitter antiseptic spray so she wouldn't lick it off but being a staffy nothing stops them :laugh: I found it didn't do her any good anyway as is dried it out too much and it went scabby and gross. When I took my boy to the vet the other week I took Bindi too just to get it checked and she recommend putting some Betadine which has helped it clear up heaps quicker. I only put it on at night at bed time as she couldn't be bothered to lick it off instead of sleep ;)

Betadine will help it heal if it is still open & has a fighting chance of not being licked off.

Your dog may end up with a lightened scar, or not.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I hope his lovely choc nose recovers okay, he's obviously not a show doggie or anything but his brown bits are so cute.

I did actually put a tiny bit of betadine on it for a couple of days when it was more open and when he was sleepy to minimise licking it off - hopefully that helped the healing process a bit.