How Do They Know The Other One Is Getting Something They're Not...

MadWoofter

Tonight I was having a snack at the coffee table while watching tv. Tess was next to me on the sofa, and Fleming was asleep on the floor. Fast asleep. The snoring, feet-twitching-chasing-bunny-rabbits asleep. I gave Tess a bit of food, and the next thing I know Fleming was up siting next to me with that 'waht about me' look on his face.

How did he know Tess got something and he didn't? Is he doggy psychic? Did Tess give off a 'ner ner you missed out' vibe?

Funnily enough, if Tess is alseep and Fleming's the one getting the treat, she doesn't wake up and he gets both !

Who else has a 'psychic' pooch?

Erik is extremely alert. He knows a dog is going to do something exciting the moment they even think about it. It's fascinating to watch. He's easily picking up cues that are so subtle I sometimes can't even see what he reacted to. It's impossible to slip Kivi something without him knowing about it, but generally he's right in the middle of everything anyway.

Last weekend I was leaving our local beach up the path to the car park. About 1/3rd of the way up the path I gave Weez a treat for walking at my side, then went to pat another dog.

Once I'd finished patting the other dog I looked up and couldn't see Weez. I turned around and somehow he'd managed to materialise back down on the beach, sitting at full attention in front of a woman who had got out some treats for her own dog :rofl:

I have no idea how he sussed on to the treats from that far away, and luckily we'd practised recall away from someone else with treats at obedience, but I was almost laughing too hard to call him back. He was just being so good (sitting nicely) whilst being so cheeky (trying to score some other dog's treats) :p

Edit: Weez also has what I call 'chicken radar' where he appears as soon as I take any kind of meat out of the fridge, whereas Fox has to be called over to get her share of offcuts :shrug:

Edited by Weasels