Fenced In Off Leash Beaches And Parks In Melbourne

tiamariatrace

I live in Dandenong, Melbourne and am looking at finding FENCED IN OFF LEASH Parks and Beaches for my 10 month old Irish Setter puppy who loves to run.

I have been to Sandown Street, Brighton which is great but I am wondering if there are other beaches similar that may have a cafe also where you can enjoy a coffee and have your dog run on the beach and be safe.

Please advise.

Depends how far you are willing to drive. There is a small fully fenced off-lead area at Knox park (corner of Scoresby road and Ferntree gully road). Also where KODC trains - I only go down on a Sunday but it gets pretty busy.

There is also another one at Aranga park Doncaster (near Springvale road Eastern fwy intersection) that is much bigger but might be a bit of a hike for you.

Both these parks have a small amount of fixed agility equipment and water available. Aranga park doesn't have bags but does have bins.

The only other fenced ones I know of are Clayton Reserve in North Melbourne (bit of a hike, and probably not worth it - it's only 5 or so km from me and I don't even go!) and JJ Holland park .. might have a fenced area.

Most council webpages also have lists of off-leash parks too, and this site (off lead areas in Melbourne) has a list of off leash areas by council, but I'm not sure how up to date it is.

I am always on the lookout for a safe, fully fenced area to take my 3 Iggies for a play. I take them to KCC occasionally.

I was so pleased to read your post a while back, RubyBlue, about the new park, Aranga Reserve in Donvale. Thankyou!! :D

We have been there several times and the dogs love it. :thumbsup: As well as the very large oval area, there is a lovely small dog area with trees and shrubs, which my dogs love exploring. I was so excited to find such a terrific secure area where they can run and chase at great speed and I can relax. :)