Typical Example.....

huskies4life88

when did i say that??? i ranng asked if it had pedigree papers and it didnt!

so they didnt take it.

I am pro rescue, my goodnes even my caption on my profile is pro rescue.i dont beleive in BYB breeding, it think it is them that causes all of the pound puppies to begin with.

I apologised and removed it, and im still getting driiled????

if i was ringing them to ask if it had pedigree papers?? again i ask how i was promoting buying an unregistered dog?

and then in other comments people are saying good on the owner blah blah??

so if my neighbour did take it, ( she didnt) then it is bad on the owners part ?and mine?????

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I am entitled to my own opinion.

and i myself wouldnt buy a dog when i know there is plenty that need rescueing.

but if other people want to buy one that is fine, but i seriously cant stand people buying designer dogs etc.

if you must buy a puppy my opinion is that it should have pedigree papers etc

but again thats just IMO

I am entitled to my own opinion.

and i myself wouldnt buy a dog when i know there is plenty that need rescueing.

but if other people want to buy one that is fine, but i seriously cant stand people buying designer dogs etc.

but again thats just IMO

Huskies, i think it's great that you are passionate about such a good cause, one that I fully agree with :)

But a couple of people here have said that they find that 'don't buy...' line to be judgemental to non-rescuers. I'm just suggesting that certain approaches turn people away rather than starting a conversation about the benefits of rescue. It seems that your caption is getting people at least on-guard, possibly offended, about the pro-rescue message.

So you are helping them to buy an unregistered pup from Gumtree? Why not help them by finding a GSD that needs rehoming?

Yeah - how about one of those pound puppies you think we should all buy instead of breeding sound healthy predictable dogs?

If you think it's appropriate to put such an offensive, rude and down right inaccurate thing on a pure bred forum, then to be blunt you are a hypocrite to then turn around and "help your neighbour" find a PURE BRED dog. Send them down to the pound.

ETA: and don't buy while shelter pets die is crap. You BUY a dog from a rescue/shelter/the pound.

Edited by Sandra777

and perhaps this is what your little quote should say?

You are using a purebred dog site- where breeders advertise, and educate, and encourage people to BUY well bred pedigree dogs.

NO -ONE on here, approves of the breeding of designer dogs .....we all agree with you!

That is why seeing someone asking /telling the general public ( who come here just to read/learn/get ideas) to "Don't Buy" ... just seems a bit ... at odds with some of the functions of D O L .... ( I presume, being a long time lurker you have seen all the breed pages,and breeders'listings, etc)

There is a strong rescue component on D O L as well , so they do get consideration .. :)

how am i a hyprocrite???

the first thing I have done is refer them to the pound!!!

when did i rip into people on here for buying a pedigree dog?????

im sure i have said over and over again i appreciate good breeders.

what the hell sandra?

my neighbour whos name is laona btw instead of putting neighbour in quotation marks.

wants a pedigree GSDA but doesnt want to pay the $1500

so she was over at my place checking out the gumtree and other internet sites for a pedigree GSD that needs to be rehomed, but she only wants a puppy.

and excuse me what is wrong with a pound puppy??? is it their fault they are there????? wtf

I think all puppies deserve a home im sorry if you think a dumped puppy deserves to be put down.:(

and perhaps this is what your little quote should say?

You are using a purebred dog site- where breeders advertise, and educate, and encourage people to BUY well bred pedigree dogs.

NO -ONE on here, approves of the breeding of designer dogs .....we all agree with you!

That is why seeing someone asking /telling the general public ( who come here just to read/learn/get ideas) to "Don't Buy" ... just seems a bit ... at odds with some of the functions of D O L .... ( I presume, being a long time lurker you have seen all the breed pages,and breeders'listings, etc)

There is a strong rescue component on D O L as well , so they do get consideration .. :)

Thankyou :) I am happy to change my quotation, i just dont think i deserved to me slammed like that from sandra,

im a bad person for wanting resecue pups??? :confused:

I understand this is a pedigree/purebred dog forum :)

I appreciate this and i know there is alot of rescue doggies on here to.

But i didnt slander purebred dogs, so i dont know why pound puppies need to be disrespected in such a way??

Yeah - how about one of those pound puppies you think we should all buy instead of breeding sound healthy predictable dogs?

that just makes me sad.......

Slow Down...and read what people are trying to say.

THIS is what we are all noticing , and commenting on,

Dont buy while shelter pets die!

It is suggesting to joe public to not buy a puppy from the good and ethical breeders here on D O L .....

Dogs from pounds and shelters are also bought - money changes hands ... so where do people get their dogs from, if they don't buy?

It is a catchy , rhyming phrase- but those few words do not address the designer dog/puppyfarm/rescue issue at all.

we posted at the same time!

a lot of people on here have dogs from pounds!! :)

They are important .... :love:

oops- edit for shouting.

Edited by persephone

Huskies4Life why not direct your neighbour to GSD rescue? or maybe an older dog for sale. Many breeders have older dogs that they may sell from time to time. I have included a link to the German Shepherd Club of Queensland's Breed rescue person. Maybe your neighbour could give this person a call

http://www.gsdcqld.org.au/German%20Shepherd%20Dog%20Rescue%20service.htm

how am i a hyprocrite???

the first thing I have done is refer them to the pound!!!

when did i rip into people on here for buying a pedigree dog?????

im sure i have said over and over again i appreciate good breeders.

what the hell sandra?

my neighbour whos name is laona btw instead of putting neighbour in quotation marks.

wants a pedigree GSDA but doesnt want to pay the $1500

so she was over at my place checking out the gumtree and other internet sites for a pedigree GSD that needs to be rehomed, but she only wants a puppy.

and excuse me what is wrong with a pound puppy??? is it their fault they are there????? wtf

I think all puppies deserve a home im sorry if you think a dumped puppy deserves to be put down.:(

Hypocrite or ill informed, either suits me.

You go on repeatedly about pedigree dogs but do you understand the difference between ethical pedigree breeding and pedigree breeding?

Do you understand that BYBs and puppy farmers can and do breed pedigree dogs?

Do you understand that helping or enabling the search for a $200 or $300 puppy of ANY specific breed is almost certain to end up with the person buying a puppy from a BYB?

Do you understand the difference between animal welfare and the animal rights nonsense you put on your profile?

You say your neighours don't want to spend $1500 on a puppy, well that's their choice, but how many breeders (and I mean good ethical breeders) have they had this price quoted to them by? A friend bought a GSD puppy very recently from an ethical breeder for slightly more than half the figure you quote.

Have you explained to your neighbours why ethical breeders charge more than $200 or $300 for pups and why it is worth buying a quality 'product' from the start?

If they're not in a position to buy a quality bred puppy then they probably aren't in a position to fork out for the health issues a poorly bred puppy could bring them.

Direct them to GSD rescue and do everyone a favour.

And who said there was anything wrong with a pound puppy? I said that making weird statements like "don't buy while shelter pets die" is crap because you BUY dogs from a pound.

I am confused by your continual reference to pound puppies - don't you like adult dogs?

WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM!!

I RESCUED AN ADULT 3 YEAR OLD POUND HUSKY!!!! thats who talia is!! my one and only dog atm!!nah sandra i just get pups and dump em when they are adults :rolleyes:

an di know the difference between a pedigree and ethical pedigree breeders.

i would not recommend any breeder to anyone unless they were a member of their state canine council ( eg dogs nsw etc.)

and even after that I would not recommend a breeder that could not show the certifcates for all necessary health testing that has to be done in order to ensure a better chance at getting a healthy puppy who will reach old age with minimal problems.

I would also not recommend any breeder that does not show their dogs,because i think it shows they have a better understanding of their breed and what to help you look for when you are looking for a puppy.

an ethical breeder will also help you if the day ever arose that you could not keep your dog anymore they would not just toss you aside and sorry transaction is final blah blah i dont care anymore.

an ethical breeder will also only put a limited amount of puppies on the main register and only sell those puppies to proven show homes/potential show homes, the rest will go on the pet register because they are just that pets and dont conform to show standards there for should not be shown or bred from.

is there anything else you would like to slander me on sandra or are you done?

.is there anything else you would like to slander me on sandra or are you done?

Sandra has not slandered you at all. She has asked you some basic common sense questions. Take a deep breath and reread her post.

I RESCUED AN ADULT 3 YEAR OLD POUND HUSKY!!!! thats who talia is!! my one and only dog atm!!nah sandra i just get pups and dump em when they are adults :rolleyes:

an di know the difference between a pedigree and ethical pedigree breeders.

i would not recommend any breeder to anyone unless they were a member of their state canine council ( eg dogs nsw etc.)

and even after that I would not recommend a breeder that could not show the certifcates for all necessary health testing that has to be done in order to ensure a better chance at getting a healthy puppy who will reach old age with minimal problems.

I would also not recommend any breeder that does not show their dogs,because i think it shows they have a better understanding of their breed and what to help you look for when you are looking for a puppy.

an ethical breeder will also help you if the day ever arose that you could not keep your dog anymore they would not just toss you aside and sorry transaction is final blah blah i dont care anymore.

an ethical breeder will also only put a limited amount of puppies on the main register and only sell those puppies to proven show homes/potential show homes, the rest will go on the pet register because they are just that pets and dont conform to show standards there for should not be shown or bred from.

is there anything else you would like to slander me on sandra or are you done?

you don't know a lot about breeders do you, both of those bolded statements show that.