Typical Example.....

huskies4life88

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My take on this is that , English not being their first language ... they are simply stating everything they know/have on their ad. ..

Nowhere in that ad do they say the word 'pedigree'..or purebred ..they do not make any claim except that the pup is smart, and kid friendly and vacc'd /council reg.and that they do still have the records of same.

Edited by persephone

actually huskies4life88 I find your statement under your name quite offensive considering this is a purebred forum etc and it has been shown time and time again just how few reg. purebred dogs end up in pounds. There is nothing wrong with buying a purebred dog off an ethical breeder, why should people be made to feel guilty because they want a dog who is fairly predicatable in size, looks, temperament etc and don't want to take the gamble with a mutt who could be anything?

true, i already rang them and asked about pedigree papers, and they quoted " she registered with council she purebred dog"

Im glad they arent dumping it im just pointing out the confusion between puppy buyers these days.

You rang them? Why? haven't you better things to do with your time :confused: I think it is against forum rules to post ads like this up as you can get Troy into trouble.

All I see is some people wanting to find a good home for thier puppy. :confused: She is microchipped and registered with the council, good on the owners for doing the right thing! No where in the add do they even mention pedigree or purebred.

I didnt know that im sorry, I rang them on behalf of my neighbour who wanted to buy a pedigree gsd and assumed this one was pedigree etc....

and i must have misunderstood the wording on the advert.

I didnt ring them to harrass them blumin hell lol im not that sort of person.

im happy to edit it

it is amazing how many registered breeders are on gumtree isnt it lol

Don't know - don't visit gumtree .

So what? The more ethical breeders who advertise on there the better. Then the average person wanting to buy a well bred dog knows where to go to get one.

no i meant to say phony ones!!!! omg this is getting taken the wrong way!!!

the rest of my post had the petiton about the bogus registries etc..

:thumbsup::thumbsup: im all for reg breeders advertising on there which is why I signed the petition for only ankc and working breed registries etc, should be able to say reg breeder

I didnt know that im sorry, I rang them on behalf of my neighbour who wanted to buy a pedigree gsd and assumed this one was pedigree

If they don't have a phone, you need to ring the state breed club for them, or look up dogzonline GSD puppy ads for them (assuming they don't have internet either) :)

I didnt know that im sorry, I rang them on behalf of my neighbour who wanted to buy a pedigree gsd and assumed this one was pedigree

If they don't have a phone, you need to ring the state breed club for them, or look up dogzonline GSD puppy ads for them (assuming they don't have internet either) :)

thanks for that :)

another one of those people who dont want to spend $1500 on a pup.......

thanks for that :)

another one of those people who dont want to spend $1500 on a pup.......

So you are helping them to buy an unregistered pup from Gumtree? Why not help them by finding a GSD that needs rehoming?

another who thinks the comment under your name is a bit OTT - I don't like people telling me what I MUST do - I am more than happy to buy purebreds, as I know what I am getting then rather than a genetic and behavioural lucky dip, and as a breeder of purebred cats, I also encourage buying from reputable breeders, both of dogs and cats. It is not my doing that so may animals end up in shelters, and I refuse to accept any guilt for that by where I choose to buy mine from. I also don;t have an issue with advertising on Gumtree or the like, it is a good means to advertise Australia wide, and shows buyers a choice from buying from petshops / BYB which may be the only places they assume they can get them

another who thinks the comment under your name is a bit OTT - I don't like people telling me what I MUST do - I am more than happy to buy purebreds, as I know what I am getting then rather than a genetic and behavioural lucky dip, and as a breeder of purebred cats, I also encourage buying from reputable breeders, both of dogs and cats. It is not my doing that so may animals end up in shelters, and I refuse to accept any guilt for that by where I choose to buy mine from. I also don;t have an issue with advertising on Gumtree or the like, it is a good means to advertise Australia wide, and shows buyers a choice from buying from petshops / BYB which may be the only places they assume they can get them

More generally, I'm not a fan of using guilt to promote rescue either. I chose to get rescue dogs myself, but that was because a) my favourite breed shows up in rescue a lot for no other reason than people didn't have time for them, b) I had the time and inclination to address any behavioural issues that arose and c) I didn't want them for a specific purpose other than pets.

There are plenty of other reasons that people get dogs, and rescue dogs don't necessarily suit all of them. If someone wanted a dog specifically for a type of competition for example, or if they wanted a breed that doesn't show up in rescue too often, I wouldn't necessariy point them towards a shelter.

Getting (e.g.) emails and facebook posts about how awful life is for shelter dogs doesn't change how many I am able to adequately care for, so these serve no other purpose to depress people, and possibly think the problem is too big and give up. :cry:

/rant :o

Edit: I certainly appreciate the passion and dedication of people who work in and support rescue, I just think there's a fine line between engaging people and alienating them.

Edited by Weasels