Dol Is So Addictive

huskies4life88

Guest donatella

Pomeranian :) He's going to be a yappy furball of love and joy. They've such sweet personalities and smiley faces hehe

ahhhhh stop it!! i LOVE poms, have a 6 month old girl myself, they are so much fun, you can train them out of the yappiness, mine only barks now when someone comes to the door. SO much energy she does not stop all day!

Guest donatella

Pomeranian :) He's going to be a yappy furball of love and joy. They've such sweet personalities and smiley faces hehe

by the way go to the breed sub forums and have a look in the pomeranian forum and see the pics of all our little Poms, soon you can add pics of yours :thumbsup:

by the way go to the breed sub forums and have a look in the pomeranian forum and see the pics of all our little Poms, soon you can add pics of yours :thumbsup:

Oh yes I will :) They're beautiful.. I just melt looking at everyones poms! Are they easy to train out of yapping? and house breaking? I don't really mind the yapping when someone arrives, I live alone so a 'guard dog' will be a good thing. :p

He'll be *my* first puppy. I've had a dog as a kid, but my parent's basically did the work, it was just a cute puppy to me then! Now I'm responsible for this little one! It's scary, but so so exciting!

Guest donatella

Oh yes I will :) They're beautiful.. I just melt looking at everyones poms! Are they easy to train out of yapping? and house breaking? I don't really mind the yapping when someone arrives, I live alone so a 'guard dog' will be a good thing. :p

He'll be *my* first puppy. I've had a dog as a kid, but my parent's basically did the work, it was just a cute puppy to me then! Now I'm responsible for this little one! It's scary, but so so exciting!

They're smart little guys but need to be toileted really regularly as they're so small and so are their bladders. I use puppy toilet pads but thats because i live in a unit, if i had backyard and ability to take her out all the time i would have trained her that way, depends what you have available but she took to the puppy pads immediately. The yapping was easy as well, they're actually smart little guys and catch on really quick to training and whats wrong and right. i'm still learning everyday with my girl as she's only 6 months old but all in all she's been a good pup, i can't complain and she's so damn cute and cuddly, I just can't wait till she has her full adult coat in, make sure you know how Poms have a puppy coat and how they shed this coat and have an 'uglies' stage before their adult coat comes in fully, they call it the puppy uglies stage but they do get over it and get their luscious adult coats in by about 12/18 months or so.

Haha yes, I've seen so many pics of the puppy uglies stage.. So helplessly adorable I can't help but laugh.

I was thinking about the puppy pads too.. I live in a townhouse with only a tiny non grassed courtyard with no shade, so it would probably be a bit nicer for him inside whilst I'm at work and when I'm home he can roam in and out.

I'm sure she's a beautiful little thing. Would be so nice coming home to that excited pom smile :D

You were definitely right.. half way through the pom thread, and I'm dying from all the fluffiness! :):)

Guest donatella

Haha yes, I've seen so many pics of the puppy uglies stage.. So helplessly adorable I can't help but laugh.

I was thinking about the puppy pads too.. I live in a townhouse with only a tiny non grassed courtyard with no shade, so it would probably be a bit nicer for him inside whilst I'm at work and when I'm home he can roam in and out.

I'm sure she's a beautiful little thing. Would be so nice coming home to that excited pom smile :D

You were definitely right.. half way through the pom thread, and I'm dying from all the fluffiness! :):)

I would absolutely 100% definitely keep him inside while you are at work. At least you know they are safe from outside dangers (birds of prey, snakes and god knows what else you'd never think of). He'll feel safer being in an enclosed area. Just turn off your power cords is all I can say, I have lost a DVD player, lamp, beater, 3 pairs of thongs, tv cord and nearly my hairdryer to her chewing. Each time THANKFULLY they have been turned off, i'd hate to think what would have happened if the power had been on. Puppy pads are great for you then, they take to them really quickly (especially on tiles as they are more inviting to toilet on then tiles). Pet shops sell them for about $30 for 30 pack (and you use 1 every 24 hours) but i just found these, 40 pack for $23 http://www.crazysales.com.au/pack-of-40-60-cm-x-60-cm-puppy-training-pads-for-puppies-indoor-dogs.html check out that website actually, so many cute pet beds etc for CHEAP!! they have a leopard print travel bed i want for Lucy, its only $15, the more you buy you save with combined postage.

I would absolutely 100% definitely keep him inside while you are at work. At least you know they are safe from outside dangers (birds of prey, snakes and god knows what else you'd never think of). He'll feel safer being in an enclosed area. Just turn off your power cords is all I can say, I have lost a DVD player, lamp, beater, 3 pairs of thongs, tv cord and nearly my hairdryer to her chewing. Each time THANKFULLY they have been turned off, i'd hate to think what would have happened if the power had been on. Puppy pads are great for you then, they take to them really quickly (especially on tiles as they are more inviting to toilet on then tiles). Pet shops sell them for about $30 for 30 pack (and you use 1 every 24 hours) but i just found these, 40 pack for $23 http://www.crazysales.com.au/pack-of-40-60-cm-x-60-cm-puppy-training-pads-for-puppies-indoor-dogs.html check out that website actually, so many cute pet beds etc for CHEAP!! they have a leopard print travel bed i want for Lucy, its only $15, the more you buy you save with combined postage.

You could prevent these problems by crating your puppy when you're not home - I always crate my 2 Standard Poodles when I go out - they love their crate - settle down & go to sleep - I know they can;t get into any mischief there.

Guest donatella

She was never crate trained so needless to say she'd scream blue murder. I live in a unit and it's all tiled she gets confined to the lounge, dining and kitchen area and can't get into too much trouble the only cords she can get are the DVD and TV but they're hiding behind the tv cabinet. I do worry that she'll hurt herself but I doubt she does too much while noone was home. Iid hate to crate her for 9 hours while I'm working I think that's far too long to be enclosed in a small space

Yeah, I think crate training may work for some, but I really don't think I could bring myself to do it. I'm a big believer that dogs aren't meant to be confined to a tiny space without being able to be let out.. It feels so 'petshopish' to me. My downstairs area is tiled too, and can easily babygate the stairs and the kitchen off so he'd hall a nice play area and puppy mats in the corner. At least he can run around with his toys and keep himself entertained whilst alone..

Guest donatella

Loving that site by the way donatella! A few goodies on there :D

ummm don't even get me started on the doggy sofas for $23!!! i'll get the red and white one next wednesday payday i've already spent far too much on herself and myself this pay :laugh:

I know the research is all in favour of crates but I just was never able to do it myself seeing as she slept on my bed, sat on the sofa with me and did all the things I was probably not supposed to do with a puppy! BUT in saying that she's very well adjusted, doesn't cry when she gets left alone, has chewed some cords yes but i blame that more on teething seeing as a few of the cords were done while i was asleep so it wasn't separation anxiety as she has access to my bed when i'm home. even now she chooses to sleep on her own bed in the lounge when mine is always open to her. I am very very glad i don't have a needy dog and I like to know she has enough to keep her occupied when i'm not there, not stuck in a crate. Anyway you'll work it out, I'm by no means a dog expert at all, i'm learning as I go with this one but i'm pretty proud with how she's turning out :D