Proud Greyhound Mum

HazyWal

I took Stan to the vet recently for his updated vaccs.I also took Miss Maddie for the ride.A young girl(maybe9 or 10)had just had her dog PTS and was understandably devastated as was her mum.They walked out into the waiting room the young girl with an empty crate and sat down with the crate on her lap.My heart broke for them both.I had been there and had no words for them.Maddies tail wagged ever so slowly as she took a few steps and licked the young girls face.The little girl cupped Maddie's face and smiled.Did Maddie know what happened,I doubt it she just wanted to lick that little girls face.I apologised to her mum not knowing if we had overstepped the line and she smiled and said no that's wonderful.I love my girl even more for that.

Dog's may not know why but I do think they can sense when something is not right with us humans. My sister's dog is usually very aloof but is always attracted to pregnant women - even when we can't tell or don't know. She goes into a protective mode with them sheltering them from the carry on of our other dogs.

I'd be very proud of Maddie if I were her mum!

I've lost quite a lot of dogs over the last few years as I do rescue/adopt old dogs. When I get home from the vet after losing another one, a couple of my dogs sit with me the whole night which they don't normally dog, I just know they are supporting me in my time of need. They are very sensitive I find. Bless Maddie's sweet heart.

Edited by dogmad