Lab Puppies - $1200+

AlanMatic

We paid $1000 for our girl, on a Limited Register not long ago. The stock she comes from is top quality, elbow/hip scores are near on perfect, tested for PRA and EIC. The breeder she comes from only breeds for family/pet dogs. She could have gone onto the Main Register if I had wanted, but in the end, she is still the same dog which ever way she is registered. :)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it necessarily holds true that pups on limited register are of a lesser quality than those on main register - it depends on how the breeder approaches their registrations.

We had several puppies in our recent litter who I would have been happy to put on main register and have go to showing/breeding homes. However, as it turned out, they were all sold to pet homes, so they were put on limited register. For us, putting a puppy on limited register doesn't necessarily mean that it's of a lower quality, just that it has been sold to a pet home rather than a show/breeding home.

This, for me also. I also sold my main register boy the same price as the pets, but he went into co-ownership with the new owners agreeing to let me show him. I actually haven't decided whether or not I would sell a main register puppy at a higher price to a potential show home... but I can see reasons for and against it. What I do not agree with ... selling a puppy of a certain colour or sex for more.