Toy Dogs

Has any one done Obedience, Agility with toy dogs?

How well did you little one do? Photos also would be great at a show or at home.

:D

Im quite keen to do this with my Poms. So would love to hear from others that have already achieved this.

There is a lady at my club that does agility with her Chi (I think she has two, but I've only seen the one so far). She has apparently achieved a few titles with hers. She also just got a mini Foxie pup which she intends to do agility with as well, from what I've seen her do so far, this pup should do well.

There are lots of Cavaliers in obedience and agility. I used to trial my girl. She got her CD and one pass in open (beating a top trialler at that time) and winning the ring. We stopped trialling though due to health issues.

We have 1 Pap just started training up for Agility/Jumping & 2 for Obedience :D

Our bitch who is 3yrs has not had any Obed training for ages picked eveything up quite well last night at trial training, I was very happy with her, our Instructors think she will be ready for trialing early next year :D

Our Agility pappy :D is doing great, he should be ready for trialing mid March after he turns 18months :D

Our other pappy pup is also coming nicely for Obed

Oh boy next year wil be interesting, fun & full on having 3 Paps & 1 Whippet trialing :rofl:

My daughter & I steward at a Agility trial last Sat, there was about 5 Pappillons, Pom, Tibetin Spaniel & a couple of other toy cross breeds competing, boy did they give the larger breeds a run for their money :rofl: & they did well score wise

I have a friend who is putting one Mini Poodle through UD and another is doing earlier obedience levels and both are tracking. They are doing quite well, but I gather it takes a bit of care with foundation work to avoid potential problems with too much pressure too soon.

There was an Iggy (from SA) at the agility trial on Saturday - hilariously wonderful to watch - very quick and enjoyed himself immensely! My Dally is not the fastest agility dog but he was beaten by a toy Poodle some months back that was just a black blur :laugh:

Hey SD if you are on FB check out Sal Robinson photo's from the WPDOC Agility Trials last Sat, if I am correct there is a great shot of your Dally flying over a Hurdle :laugh:

Edited by murve

Has any one done Obedience, Agility with toy dogs?

How well did you little one do? Photos also would be great at a show or at home.

:D

Im quite keen to do this with my Poms. So would love to hear from others that have already achieved this.

If you want to see some great shots of some little dogs doing Agility, have a look at these from last Sat, I was one of the Stewards, Sharon is my name :laugh:

if you are on FB check out Sal Robinson photo's from the WPDOC Agility Trials last Sat, you will get some laughs from the expressions on ppl faces, the comments written & the dogs of course :rofl: :rofl:

I'd like to do obedience with my poodle x maltese. She learns so fast and is naturally well behaved and obedient. The only thing I wonder about is whether she has the drive for it. We've done some agility and flyball and she's gotten a lot drivier than what she was...

And one of my reasons for wanting to do it is actually that some people have commented that fluffies can't be trained, or they don't expect to see it etc. It's always fun when I surprise people with her obedience skills and tricks.

I'd like to do obedience with my poodle x maltese. She learns so fast and is naturally well behaved and obedient. The only thing I wonder about is whether she has the drive for it. We've done some agility and flyball and she's gotten a lot drivier than what she was...

And one of my reasons for wanting to do it is actually that some people have commented that fluffies can't be trained, or they don't expect to see it etc. It's always fun when I surprise people with her obedience skills and tricks.

Oh PHOOOOOWWWWIIE fuzzy82 fluffies can be trained I know 2 purebred Maltese that compete in Agility & they do great :D

Go for it & make them eat their words :laugh: anything is possible

We have quite a few toy dogs doing Flyball in Vic atm, great little dogs & well done to their owners/ handlers for getting them up and running :).

I do agility with my tiny Silky Terrier Bella. She is only 3kilos. She has made it to Excellent level in both agility and jumping. Now the course times are a bit quick for her but she goes clear all the time. It does take a while for a seesaw to drop with her on the end of it though. I am glad for the recent change to the pairs rules where a 300 dog can jump down at 200. Before that it was hard to find a partner for her.