Good Vets In South West Sydney

chump

Hi all,

does anyone know of a good vet in the south-west, south to inner-west of sydney? thanks in advance for any responses.

update: thanks for the replies. ok, I'll narrow it down a little -live in the Kingsgrove/Beverly Hills area but willing to travel a little for a good vet.

Edited by chump

I'm happy with Julie or Karen at Mortdale, but they've just become Green Cross so not sure what that means for prices/services. Aymon at Narwee vet is a lovely bloke and excellent with the animals, but his offsider on weekends isn't very experienced. I haven't heard any good feedback about Boundary Road vet, or Beverly Hills, and I was totally unimpressed by Penshurst Vet quite a few years ago. Both Forest Road/Peakhurst and Padstow vets have great feedback from long-term patients, and so does the vet at (I think) South Hurstville/Blakehurst, on King Georges Road.

Best feedback I ever hear is for Menai Vets but that might be too far out of your area.

Ben at Kogarah is a cutie, I agree! I only saw him a couple of times when he was at Mortdale but I think a few of the female customers followed him!

I use Mortdale vets and have done for years both Julie and Karen are easy to get along with and yes still miss Ben was very good to us. Mortdale also have very good hours compared to some of the others. Been to the one on Forest rd next to the pub and found them ok, but found they were like I'm the vet and you are the client. Tried the one on Boundry rd and found them no good. They wanted to desex my dogs when they had eaten, wouldnt vaccinate without an appointement. While there someone came in to buy heartworm tablets and they wouldnt sell it to them cause they hadn't previously bought it from them nor had they had their dog tested there. My daughter took a pregnant guinea pig there for a shot of oxy and they refused to treat it as they were dog and cat vets only.

It's some time since I heard any comments about Beverly Hills vet, not since the renos, so MadWoofter's experience is more valid than mine.

I've heard Mortdale Vet has changed the late finishes on weekends since becoming Green Cross, but they're great at staying back when required for emergencies.

I got a 'feel' for the different practices around the area a couple of years ago, when my cat was paralysed by Orijen food. I rang around all the vets in a radius from the shop that had supplied the food, about 40 in all, and the difference in attitude (not just by receptionists/nurses, but by vets themselves) was amazing. They ranged from one who was already aware of the issue, had read the notices and asked me questions about symptoms and took notes about the supplier, down to one who had obviously had a very long boozy lunch and shouldn't have answered his phone at all!