Perth Dol Christmas Dinner

hortfurball

This restaurant came up in another thread, and before we knew it, we'd organised a DOL Christmas dinner. So who's in? :D

OHs welcome (encouraged even, or mine will feel rather surrounded by mad dog women! ;) ), or a friend in the case of singles.

Eat Greek is a restaurant that has a set-price all-you-can-eat buffet, including salads, hot dishes and desserts. They make their own bread rolls and lebanese breads and they are yummy. There's a choice of about ten different salads, a selection of seafood, stuffed vine leaves and other things. When we went the hot foods include moussaka, curry, beef stew, a lamb dish, a couple of types of pasta, kebabs, grilled fish, prawns, calamari, lemon chicken, a few different vegie dishes including mediterranean roast vegies and undoubtably more that I've forgotten. The dessert bar had soft serve icecream with a choice of toppings, cheesecake, apple crumble, chocolate mousse, creme brulee, trifle, a lemon dessert and rice pudding.

About 9.30pm they have a display of traditional Greek dancing, complete with plate smashing, and then they invite the diners to join them! It's lots of fun to watch but I haven't been game to join in - two left feet!

Date: Saturday 19th November

Time: 8pm

Cost: Set price buffet $44-90 per head, drinks not included.

No separate billing so please bring cash on the night, including extra for drinks.

No BYO.

Venue: Eat Greek, 110 Riverside Road East Fremantle, http://www.eatgreek.com.au/

Ask for the DOL table

Confirmed attendees (will be updated as we go) please advise if bringing someone, thanks :)

Horty and OH

RubyStar and Amypie ;)

Mirawee

ChristineX

ncarter

Emery

That's it, I have now confirmed numbers with the restaurant as they have a waiting list, so looks like 8 of us are going to have an awesome time.

Edited by hortfurball

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think they will allow us to rock up at breakfast time, and stretch out our meals throughout the entire day? Because there is no way I am going to be able to sample all of that delicious food without taking taking drastic measures to clear more room for all the desserts I want to eat, too! eek1.gifembarrass.gif

Maybe I should start with dessert to ensure I fit it in :D ;)

Ah I figured out what it was - Harvest Rock Festival on the same night, hmmm. Probably won't go to that anyway I don't think.

I could go some creme brulee now....

So is anyone else coming or just the few of us lol

Horty if I go it will be alone so you can scrub OH off the list.

Just realised something a bit insane! Because of the time difference of LA and Aus I have the 19th twice! But for you guys it will be the 20th. Anyway on my LA 19th I am pretty sure I am going shopping for Cowboy boots then off to Saddle Ranch for dinner, cheap drinks and mechanical bull rodeo :)

Maybe we could ask a few of our other doggy friends from trials that aren't on DOL, Amy? They will fit right in, we're all dog nutters!!!!!!! If that's ok with Horty!

Who made me boss? :eek: I'm just the Grand Commander of the thread :nahnah: (or at least the first post :o ) ;)

We said OH or friend, so feel free. Why aren't they on DOL anyway? If they're dog-nutters shouldn't they be here? :laugh:

So is anyone else coming or just the few of us lol

You know what the Social Events forum is like for Perthies, it'll take everyone a while to even notice the thread is here. We have a month before it happens though so plenty of time for people to notice. Some may not commit until the last minute. I'll wait a week or so before booking, but will tell them numbers are still to be finalised.

I'm hoping that we eventually get 15+ people, the more the merrier! Might have to start PMing people.