I Can't Believe It

twodoggies2001

My sister called me and told me her daughter bought a new puppy. I asked what breed. Now get this. Mum a Pomeranian and the dad was a German Shepherd/Kelpie cross. I was told she had lots lots of dogs and my first thought and words were it's a puppy mill. Oh no she said. This was from a private home. Apparently, there were around 9 dogs there. My heavens what were they thinking. Both the 'breeder' and my family. She was only $200 I was told and she is eating Science Diet. She rang the 'breeder's vet and apparently the pups have been vaccinated, so that's one good thing and the vet was very pleased that she now has only one puppy left to sell. Where is the professional advice from a supposedly learned expert? The mind boggles. I certainly hope that this puppy has not genetic problems later in life.

I'm more concerned that the temperament of this dog is going to be a bigger train wreck then it's physical health ...

What was the appeal of this cross? If people want to go out and buy them at least buy ones that make sense O_o

Edited by Nekhbet

I would have thought that a Pom trying to give birth to a GSD/Kelpie cross pup would be a nightmare... caesarian for sure!

Maybe the "breeder" really doesn't know which of her other dogs is the father and is trying to fluff it to get money for the strange mixture??

T.

I just don't know what the appeal of this mix was and believe me, if I would have known they were looking to buy a pup, I would have steered them to a shelter or a purebreed. I was also very concerned about the size of the mother. I mentioned to my sister that obviously the mum was the larger dog and was gobsmacked when it wasn't. I told her that the 'breeder' should, if she was at all responsible taken the bitch to be aborted if she suspected the pregnancy. The problem here is that at 8 weeks old, she has only 1 puppy left and it was most likely easy money for her, so the mating may be repeated. Some people never get it do they? It seems that her males are of the bigger variety. It may have been 'accidental' or purposely intended, who knows.