Dog Behaviourist In Perth Recommendations

Hi all Perthites,

A colleague has just asked me if I could recommend a dog behaviourist as his female is having major fights with his male. This has been going on for a couple of months now and he obviously wants to sort it out. I suggested that until he does, he keeps the dogs separated and gets the female vet checked in case there's something wrong with her. She's picking all the fights and the male is becoming a nervous wreck. He says this only happens at home, they get on well when they're out on walks together. It sounds like a severe dominance issue to me.

As my dogs are angels ;) I don't know of any behaviourists to recommend.

TIA

• 1 month later...

I know this is old thread but does anyone know whether Kathy is 'strictly reward based trainer/behaviourist' or a 'mixed style trainer/behaviourist'?

Why not call her and ask? I don't think anyone could possibly answer for her - she probably will be able to discuss the actual method/s she would use in your situation. ;)

And she knows pretty much everyone in Perth who does behav.modific, so she can always refer you on.

On the other hand, 3 and a half years from starting to see Kathy - there was an improvement pretty much straight away, and now this year duke has turned into pretty much a normal dog :eek: (vet asked if I'd exchanged him for another dog)

I am not sure I will cope!! :D