Crate Size....

Alouk

Hi all! I could keep searching but it is hard to find just what you want on here!

I found a nice soft crate on sale (we all love a bargain) to use for my BCollie (7 months), and I bought it but now I have my doubts about its size... It is 76cm x 60cm x 58cm.

At the moment she is 70cm from nose to tail base and 60cm when sitting from head to floor. She's a little girl really. Her old crate was 1m long though and the same otherwise, but it was cumbersome (an old play pen) and I wanted something more portable.

I'm worried she'll be cramped even though she loved it last night and didn't want to get up this morning! What do you think? Should I try and exchange it? (or sell it on if it is not possible!)

Have you noticed your dogs like lots of space in their crate or the comforts of a cosy home? Thanks!

Alouk

I have lots of different sized crates at home but my pei will still curl up inside a crate which was designed for small breeds. It's not a crate I'd lock them in but they are quite happy sleeping in it for hours on end.

I have a 90cm crate for my girl as she too is on the small side but I have a 107cm crate for Sonny as he is a big lad,top end of breed standard apparently. very long in body & he loves to sleep fully stretched out. Spoilt boy :D