Panning Photos

Kirislin

thanks everyone. I was hoping this might become an ongoing thread where everyone will post their panning shots. come on!

I would love to join the thread but my photography skills aren't that good :laugh:

hopefully one day will manage to grab a frenchie zooming round the yard and join in :thumbsup:

Here's some from a few months ago, DOLer Sarsanets whippets. These were taken with a really slow shutter speed, 1/60th. Too slow really but I hadn't had much experience taking panning shots. I'd been trying for years with my own whippets but almost never had the chance of getting them to run side on to me.

5721102251_544720e72b_z.jpg

5721101315_04b6ae94ef_z.jpg

6205600708_c2a4895270_z.jpg

6205602894_42715be7d0_z.jpg

6205619370_7235481abb_z.jpg

Edited by Kirislin

• 3 months later...

I managed to get this one in the backyard yesterday! Diva at full flight

6707047015_3d0700f5ff.jpg

What do you think?

MnDM

I like this one! :thumbsup: It would've been good to get all of her in, but I know how hard these shots are, you dont have alot of time to set up. Would they run like this in the park? You might have more luck.

I managed to get this one in the backyard yesterday! Diva at full flight

6707047015_3d0700f5ff.jpg

What do you think?

MnDM

I like this one! :thumbsup: It would've been good to get all of her in, but I know how hard these shots are, you dont have alot of time to set up. Would they run like this in the park? You might have more luck.

The problem at the park is the always run at me or close by me, never far enough away to shoot! Plus I don't feel comfortable letting the three dogs off and not being with them yet!