Dogs Missing In Melbourne's Storms

haven

I know we have a lot of DOLers in the Outer Eastern suburbs of Melbourne so I hope nobody minds me posting this in here. With the wild weather today my Mum's dogs have gone missing from her home in Montrose (near Kilsyth, Croydon, Lilydale etc). Lucy, a female black Labrador x and Cougar, a male black and white Border Collie.

Lucy:

post-5759-0-28741800-1317206007_thumb.jpg

Cougar:

post-5759-0-68935100-1317206034_thumb.jpg

If you could please cut and paste the information at the bottom of my post and share it on Facebook and other social networking sites I'd really appreciate it. Cougar particularly can tend to be an anxious dog and required a lot of rehabilitating when he was rescued, so it is especially important that he be found as quickly as possible!

If anyone has any information about these two please message me or call Dorothy on 0425 765 908.

TIA

Missing from Montrose/Kilsyth (Melbourne) in the storms on 28/09/11: Lucy, a female black Labrador X and Cougar, a male black and white Border Collie. Please call Dorothy on 0425 765 908 if you have any information.

Thank you everyone!

Cougar, the Border Collie, is home! I don't have much info other than someone managed to catch him last night and took him to the pound. For some reason his chip didn't scan (perhaps it has been damaged?) but Mum went to look this morning and they were happily reunited. Apparently the person also tried to catch Lucy but was unable and so she is still missing. If you know the area she was last seen on Crestview rd in Montrose. Again, she is a female black Labrador x, please call Dorothy on 0425 765 908 if you have any information.

She is still missing, so please continue to pass on the information. We have walked and called in the local area, knocked on doors, letter box dropped, called the local Vets and all of the Melbourne pounds and visited the local (and some not so local) ones and no luck. We have also spoken to the council to check that no dog matching her description has been picked up deceased. I suspect at this point that someone has her and has decided they will keep her icon_smile_mad.gif so please, please take the time to put the word out on Facebook and similar places, or tell your friends and family if you know people in the area. If someone has kept her our best chance is for someone who has noticed their friend/neighbour/family member has suddenly acquired a new dog to see the message and come forward!

Aussielover I don't know what she is crossed with, perhaps she is just a poorly bred lab, but she was purchased from a pet shop and doesn't meet the standard in many ways.

Thank you everyone who has been putting the word out thumbsup1.gif

If it's not too far fetched a suggestion - is it possible that Cougar might lead back to where Lucy and her parted ways? A long shot, but worth trying? Perhaps even back-chain the exercise. Start back from where the people first found Cougar and saw Lucy? Rain won't have helped any scent, though, if that could at all Cougar would want to track Lucy down.

She's home cheer.gifwhee.gifthumbsup1.gifparty1.gifhappydance2.gif

Someone called earlier today, after seeing a notice in the local shops, to say they had seen her just outside the immediate area we thought she would have been in. Mum went and letter box dropped that area right away and somebody else called to say they had seen her hanging around their street and so everyone went straight out looking for her and she was found wandering in the next street over!

The callers are unlikely to ever see this message, but thank you, thank you, thank you! thanks.gif

Excellent news, Haven. Glad both are home, safe and well. It's nice to have some happy-ending news in amongst all the depressing stuff that the Government is dragging so many people and their dogs through at the moment.