Agility Nationals 2012

Vickie

Unfortunately, I don't have access to YouTube to have a better look at the new table. To be honest, I'm not that concerned about the noise with my dog and I can probably do some practice at home with stuff under the table and strange noises etc. I just hope that the hessian top is really strong and secured really well to the top of the table! :)

S

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, I don't have access to YouTube to have a better look at the new table. To be honest, I'm not that concerned about the noise with my dog and I can probably do some practice at home with stuff under the table and strange noises etc. I just hope that the hessian top is really strong and secured really well to the top of the table! :)

S

I used it with both my dogs at the trial last Saturday. My kelpie and my normally nervous little silky terrier both had no problems whatsoever.

I'm stewarding two mornings of the Nationalsbiggrin.gif

If anyone has some free time and wants to watch some awesome dogs I'm sure the commitee would love your help.

Edited by PAX

I just hope that the hessian top is really strong and secured really well to the top of the table! :)

Hi guys,

I have a confession - I had not actually felt the material when I gave the previous answer - and I said it looked like a hessian type of material. Well, I still stand by that, but I actually thought I had better take a closer look at it and it is acutally a "rubberised" type of material, something like what is put on the bottom of shelving in caravans, etc to stop stuff sliding around when the van is in transit. It is extremly strong - I haven't actually taken a knife to it, but it would be extremely difficult to rip.

Sheilaheel, if you are going, you will get a chance to see it at Bemboka, Canberra or Goulburn and any other trials we go to. For those up in Norther NSW or perhpas Q'ld, it will also be at Armidale. Sorry to those in other states - we do not travel that far for trials . . . well, not very often, anyway. We may also be using it at Sydney royal, but that will depend on the judges. Even if the judges choose not to use it at these trials, we will set it up for people to use.

Cheers,

Edited by canine fun sports

If anyone has some free time and wants to watch some awesome dogs I'm sure the commitee would love your help.

Which days will you be there PAX?

1333056729[/url]' post='5780276']
1333002909[/url]' post='5779867']

Everydaybiggrin.gif

1333056729[/url]' post='5780276']
1333002909[/url]' post='5779867']

Everydaybiggrin.gif

Awesome! See you there! :)

I just hope that the hessian top is really strong and secured really well to the top of the table! :)

Hi guys,

I have a confession - I had not actually felt the material when I gave the previous answer - and I said it looked like a hessian type of material. Well, I still stand by that, but I actually thought I had better take a closer look at it and it is acutally a "rubberised" type of material, something like what is put on the bottom of shelving in caravans, etc to stop stuff sliding around when the van is in transit. It is extremly strong - I haven't actually taken a knife to it, but it would be extremely difficult to rip.

Sheilaheel, if you are going, you will get a chance to see it at Bemboka, Canberra or Goulburn and any other trials we go to. For those up in Norther NSW or perhpas Q'ld, it will also be at Armidale. Sorry to those in other states - we do not travel that far for trials . . . well, not very often, anyway. We may also be using it at Sydney royal, but that will depend on the judges. Even if the judges choose not to use it at these trials, we will set it up for people to use.

Cheers,

Thanks CFS,

Yes, I will be competing at Canberra and probably Goulburn I hope. Won't be at Bemboka, I have obedience this WE. I had an image in my mind of what Mick might do to a table covered in hessian if he hit it a bit too quick LOL.

Shaz

• 2 weeks later...

Bump!!! well I didnt expect it to happen but both my kids have pairs partners =) atm Im currently in the middle of building a dog walk for some training.. very excited to get it finished hehehehehe..

Anyone tell me of any reasonably in expensive agility classes in sydney during the day.. Im off work for a little bit so thinking Ill use my time wisely but would prefer to go in the day so I dont take up time of those who are working

Anyone tell me of any reasonably in expensive agility classes in sydney during the day.. Im off work for a little bit so thinking Ill use my time wisely but would prefer to go in the day so I dont take up time of those who are working

We do classes during the day, both at St Ives and here at Castlereagh. Check the website http://www.caninefunsorts.com.au tghen click on <<cfs venues>> button. Drop me a quick email for details.

Cheers,

• 4 weeks later...

Just 10 days until entries close.

Be nice to the trial secretary - use e-performance to do your entries, but please, make sure you use the membership numbers and dog registration numbers that are on your registration forms.

A huge thank you to the Dogs NSW agility committee. You have no idea about the work that is involved.

Cheers,

Any word yet on when spectators can go & watch?

This is UNOFFICIAL, but I believe a more official announcement is coming. It is actually in line with what has already been officially announced.

Spectators can go to watch any of the first four days - Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat. There is no charge on this, and no limits on numbers since there will be indoor and outdoor rings, so we do not expect to exceed the OH&S limits to the numbers allowed in the arena.

For the finals day, each competitor will be issued with 2 tickets (which I believe will be given out on their first day of competition, when they check in.) Spectators may do as they please with the tickets. They can use them, they can give them to friends, they can sell them on the black market! or they can give them back to the organisers to be sold at the gate to the general public. I am not sure, but I beieve that tidckets to the public are $10, and $5 for children.

So, if you are not a competitor, and you want tickets, you can go searching for some-one who is not planning to go to the finals.

Do you only get tickets to the finals if you entered every day of competition or even if you only entered one day (and therefore won't be eligible for finals regardless of result)?

Do you only get tickets to the finals if you entered every day of competition or even if you only entered one day (and therefore won't be eligible for finals regardless of result)?

2 points to be made from this question.

1. Everyone who enters is elligible for tickets (I believe)

2. You are eligible for the final by being placed in the heats (the number of qualifiers in each heat varies with the height category). So you can certainly get into the final from entering just one heat, so long as you do well.

Cheers,