What Would You Do?

Red Fox

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What an absolute cutie, I have a real soft spot for the Malinois. You're in for a lot of fun...

But omg, just watched that video and it brought back some terrible memories... We love our dobe so much, but he's from a working family and as a puppy, he nearly killed us. He never stopped, and he was bigger than a mal pup too. That puppy enclosure looks like an amazing idea...

Now, at almost 2, we take him for 10-15km bike rides every 2nd day at a mean speed of about 20km/h. He also does training and agility and plays with other dogs at the dog park. When he gets home, the cat enters the twilight zone and the two of them carry on for as long as we'll let them. His prey drive is something else. He can spend all day chasing rabbits, and as a direct quote from the guys at the lure coursing place in Adelaide where they train the greyhounds "he'd chase a dead fly on a string".

But he's so worth it. I can't imagine owning any other sort of dog, so I will have to wait until I'm next not working before I could get another.

Can't wait to see photos as she grows up, will have to live vicariously through you for a while yet (since there's no break in sight for oh, at least the next 10 years or so :( )

PS the saddest thing I ever saw was a Malinois at Centennial Park in Sydney with a guy who didn't look like he could handle a spaniel let alone a working dog :( He bought it from Pets Paradise - and was told it was an energetic but medium sized low-maintenance dog.