Retained Puppy Teeth

Jessca

Lexi is about 5 months old, she currently still has 3 retained canines that are siting alongside her adult teeth. I have spoken to the vet about this and he said it can be common as the adult canines push thru next to the puppy teeth. Where as the rest of their teeth they grow underneath and push the puppy teeth out. He said to give her roughly another month before taking any further action.

My question is has any one had this before?

And is there any particular food or type of bone/meat that she would use her canines with to help them come out.

She currently gets brisket bones, chicken frames ect. But she does not use her canines with them.

Thank you in advance for any help!!!

Retained baby K9's are common in my breed and if they don't come out we get them taken out.If you leave them the adult teeth may not move by themselves and you may end up with inverted K9's which your dog doesn't want.

We wiggle them with our fingers, give big bones &4x2 biscuits and still end up at the vets occasionally

They are a very common problem in my breed too.

If they have some movement in them now, they will be fine and will come out on their own. If in another couple of weeks, there's no movement there, then you could have some problems. I've found that roo tails are excellent for getting baby teeth to loosen up.