Melbourne Zoo

MavericksMission

Oh wow Mav, zoo photos! *falls on them eagerly* Sorry I'm not much of a photography critic, I don't know a great deal about the technical side of things, but here's my comments!

The tiger shot is beautiful; I love the framing of the plant and the dappled lighting!

That mandrill, what a fantastic pose you got him in :D Classical!

OhmythatSnowLeopard!!! *melts* Pretty please, do you have that in colour? I feel like I'd give you two whole plates of cookies to see that in colour!

Ooh, I like the bear... goodness, what type is he? That's not a sun, is it? No, too light. Is he a Grizzly?

Do you have more? :D

... I am visiting Melbourne late in the year, if i have time among the wedding, I am completely for heading to the zoo after seeing these :D

Wow awesome shots! And funnily enough of many of the animals I look after.

Binjai the tiger, Meo the snow leopard, Honey the Syrian brown bear! What lens/es did you use?

Wow, you lucky thing :D Is Meo a male or female? Do you have a Snow Leopard breeding program there?

Hey there,

Sorry I mucked up the names... Leon is the snowie in the photo, he's the male. Meo is mum housed at opposite end of the big cat walk. And Sundah is their daughter who's housed between the puma and persian leopard. She is the first snowie born at Melb Zoo in 20yrs. They are all part of an international breeding program.