Puppy Farm Story

Guest lavendergirl

Another waste of time,they wheeled out the blonde DR again, and when he had the chance, when asked what we could do, he said the RSPCA should put ticks on good puppy farms.

Right after the segment where the RSPCA said they didn't have time to inspect them.

Good idea chris :(

Simple answer would have been "don't buy from petshops to fuel the puppy farms".

And I missed it, home late... but it doesn't sound encouraging from your description Juice :( Why why why are they going to the trouble of putting these things into news reports if they aren't going to go the extra mile and tell it like at is? The government needs PRESSURE from the public to get proper laws in place in stop puppy farms happening, not just 'Oh, these dogs from this puppy farm aren't on the verge of death yet - give them a tick!' - NO! Dogs cannot be left loveless, caged-up lives without every knowing the bond they are meant to share, never getting a chance to be a best friend to anybody.

... Looking at the channel ten website... another 'why' question, WHY is there always somebody who starts on about homeless kids and claims that we shouldn't be worrying about dogs? I'm as concerned about people as I am about animals, but the attitude that you can only support one group and not the other (Eg, if you are supporting banning puppy farms, automatically you don't care a scrap about the suffering of humanity) is insulting and bigoted. I would see red if anybody ever said that to me just because I support animal charities.

The person who treats their pets with respect is more likely to treat their fellow humans with respect; likewise there is a shallow step in mistreating animals and mistreating another person.

*breathes* Okay I'm done ranting now.

And I missed it, home late... but it doesn't sound encouraging from your description Juice :( Why why why are they going to the trouble of putting these things into news reports if they aren't going to go the extra mile and tell it like at is? The government needs PRESSURE from the public to get proper laws in place in stop puppy farms happening, not just 'Oh, these dogs from this puppy farm aren't on the verge of death yet - give them a tick!' - NO! Dogs cannot be left loveless, caged-up lives without every knowing the bond they are meant to share, never getting a chance to be a best friend to anybody.

... Looking at the channel ten website... another 'why' question, WHY is there always somebody who starts on about homeless kids and claims that we shouldn't be worrying about dogs? I'm as concerned about people as I am about animals, but the attitude that you can only support one group and not the other (Eg, if you are supporting banning puppy farms, automatically you don't care a scrap about the suffering of humanity) is insulting and bigoted. I would see red if anybody ever said that to me just because I support animal charities.

The person who treats their pets with respect is more likely to treat their fellow humans with respect; likewise there is a shallow step in mistreating animals and mistreating another person.

I could not agree more. I do not understand why live pets in pet shops are not banned. I understand that the City of Toronto in Canada is about to ban them and the rest of the country is expected to follow suit. The Province of Quebec is also about to introduce some legislation to stop puppy farming but I don't have any details yet.

Maybe if the RSPCA do not have enough inspectors they should hand the inspection part of their job to someone else.

Edited by Perry's Mum

I could not agree more. I do not understand why live pets in pet shops are not banned. I understand that the City of Toronto in Canada is about to ban them and the rest of the country is expected to follow suit. The Province of Quebec is also about to introduce some legislation to stop puppy farming but I don't have any details yet.

Maybe if the RSPCA do not have enough inspectors they should hand the inspection part of their job to someone else.

They are getting enough money to do the job and pushed for more powers.

Same old same old push for more laws because the current ones arent being enforced.

Another waste of time,they wheeled out the blonde DR again, and when he had the chance, when asked what we could do, he said the RSPCA should put ticks on good puppy farms.

Right after the segment where the RSPCA said they didn't have time to inspect them.

Simple answer would have been "don't buy from petshops to fuel the puppy farms".

It was amazing, wasnt it. Only buy puppies from puppy farmers endorsed by RSPCA, like only buy eggs from the biggest egg supplier in the country which is endorsed by RSPCA.

Guest lavendergirl

To be fair he did make the point that these pups end up in pet shops and implied that the pet shop industry had an interest in maintaining the status quo. I think any media story that gets the message across about where the pups come from in the pet shop window is of some value.

To be fair he did make the point that these pups end up in pet shops and implied that the pet shop industry had an interest in maintaining the status quo. I think any media story that gets the message across about where the pups come from in the pet shop window is of some value.

First I think we have to prove

that puppies in pet shops come from puppy farms - they say they dont

and

that puppies in pet shops are less healthy, less socilaised or more bad temperamented.

its just so frustrating to watch the media making a circus of all this. as i said on the other thread once again no mention of where to go to get a well adjusted well bred puppy from and yes i agree 100%, tick of approval on already ticks of approval from government sactioned commercial "large" farms as Dr chris said. the govt have already given them the tick of approval! so around and around we go on a big merry go round. :( commerical large farms that breed patoodlemoodlespoodles will be rubbing their hands in glee, just have to get another licence and tick of approval then its all okay.

we need a more qualified knowledgable person speaking in the media about all this but unfortunately i spose they won't be as good lookin as him will they, so will probably have zero following :o

Edited by toy*dog

The day I buy a puppy from someone who gets the rspca tick of approval is the day I start buying battery eggs with the rspca tick of approval or eating junk food everyday because it has the heart foundation tick of approval. Aint gonna happen.

The day I buy a puppy from someone who gets the rspca tick of approval is the day I start buying battery eggs with the rspca tick of approval or eating junk food everyday because it has the heart foundation tick of approval. Aint gonna happen.

i never buy cage eggs and i've watched people blindly go into the egg isle and just pick the cheapest which happens to be cage eggs. i think RSPCA only give tick of approval for barn laid, and free range not cage eggs. Coles said they were going to stop stocking cage eggs. but i haven't seen that yet!

but same principle you are right there.

i never buy cage eggs and i've watched people blindly go into the egg isle and just pick the cheapest which happens to be cage eggs. i think RSPCA only give tick of approval for barn laid, and free range not cage eggs. Coles said they were going to stop stocking cage eggs. but i haven't seen that yet!

but same principle you are right there.

How much money does RSPCA receive every year from the biggest producer of eggs in this country? I can see the same thing happening with dogs and kitties. Pay royalties - get the tick of approval. As much as I hate the militant animal activists, they were damn correct in exposing that hypocrisy.

That was exactly what I thought too....I was actually thinking to myself as he was speaking...'go on bit the bullet and say what REALLY needs to be said' !

That was exactly what I thought too....I was actually thinking to myself as he was speaking...'go on bit the bullet and say what REALLY needs to be said' !

argghh that would be 'bite' !!

ah no, no no no.....lets confuse the crap out of the public and advise them to buy from petshops and puppy farms didn't ya know its okay now because as long as they have that mystical tick of approval then its all okay! we can still continue along the road of producing battery hen environment puppies, sort of contradicting himself there. whats that gonna stop - nothun. i think he needs to talk to a responsible ANKC reg breeder someone that can give him the ins and outs, to the dog savvy people he's just made himself look like a right ahem!!!!!!!! mmmmmmmm blah really!! the animal rights people would probably agree and nod heads because anyone that breeds dogs is guilty anyway.

all this is just so frustrating to watch thats why i didn't watch the blinkin thing.

argghh that would be 'bite' !!

:laugh: i read it as bite until you put that i didn't even notice you put bit :laugh: