Nasty Comment Made About Small Dogs

Guest donatella

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest donatella

Just write that person off as someone to take seriously...

... or tell them to take up with this guy:

goaheadtellhimdogmakeshimlookgay.jpg

:laugh:

my flatmate went down the coast this weekend and said she saw similar on the beach except it was a little pom and a hunky looking man, my guess the cute little pom belonged to the girlfriend of the hunky looking man :laugh:

Where I used to work there was a bikie that came in regularly with his 2 chihuahuas, diamente collars and pink harnesses. Always brought a smile to our faces, he absolutely adored them.

Aussie terriers are a lot harder to handle than the kelpies and dobes that I've had.

Twice now I've had men with their wives/GFs and little dogs mumble in my direction "look honey, some real dogs" while I walked my kelpies past. I laughed awkwardly both times, but it always seems odd to me, like they think I am judging them based on their dogs? I'm not (i'm a sucker for all dogs), but even if I was, why would they care? Is it just a testosterone thing?

I say get the dog that fits your lifestyle and your preferences, if that means small just enjoy the benefits that come with having small dogs!

i've had weimaraners, labrador and terriers growing up and now have a pomeranian. I love dogs of all sizes but a small dog suits my lifestyle for now as i just dont have the big backyard for a big dog and i'm quite liking the cost of feeding her at the moment (about $1.50 at the moment for this god awful roll she likes and i've tried everything from home cooking to the BARF diet to expensive pet shop brands)

Lol, I can top that!!! I have had Great Danes and now I have miniature schnauzers. Like you, the smaller size suits our lifestyle too. Funny though, when we had the Dane, people were afraid of him and some of the comments were mind boggling, but he was just a pussy cat and played ever so gently with miniature dogs.

:laugh: Growing up we had Great Danes and now I have a Chinese Crested!

We did have our little Shih Tzu while we had the Danes. One day my parents went into town and took one of the Danes and the Shih Tzu with them. Mum ducked into a shop in town so dad put the Shih Tzu on leash and stood outside the car with him, he wound the windows down for the Dane.

Well, these teenagers walked past and started picking on dad saying "oh nice dog mate, what are ya a f*g?" etc not seeing the Dane through the tinted windows in the 4wd.

At that exact moment the 90kg Dane stuck his head out the window and let out a huge WOOF!

The kids nearly wet themselves and ran off.

Guest donatella

Where I used to work there was a bikie that came in regularly with his 2 chihuahuas, diamente collars and pink harnesses. Always brought a smile to our faces, he absolutely adored them.

Aussie terriers are a lot harder to handle than the kelpies and dobes that I've had.

this actually reminds me of a security guard that used to work in a bar i worked at (in my student days), he was a burly black man (sweet as pie) who had a long haired chihuahua, named Chopper :D

Guest donatella

Twice now I've had men with their wives/GFs and little dogs mumble in my direction "look honey, some real dogs" while I walked my kelpies past. I laughed awkwardly both times, but it always seems odd to me, like they think I am judging them based on their dogs? I'm not (i'm a sucker for all dogs), but even if I was, why would they care? Is it just a testosterone thing?

I say get the dog that fits your lifestyle and your preferences, if that means small just enjoy the benefits that come with having small dogs!

I completely agree with this, wise words!

Just write that person off as someone to take seriously...

... or tell them to take up with this guy:

goaheadtellhimdogmakeshimlookgay.jpg

Wow, I didn't know GI Joe dolls were based on a live model!

I had a male friend once whose ex-girlfriend had kept their dog when they broke up. He missed that dog more than he missed his ex, and last I heard, was looking to get another. The breed? A Bichon Frise :)

The weirdest little dog comment I have heard directed at me ( and I don't consider my dogs little, more medium sized) was out for a walk one day and a guy walked past and said gee 4 dogs why didn't you just get one really big one. :laugh: He was serious!