Show Results

faytiges

Thanks for all the positives that have ended up from my initial enquiry. Hope it continues, as it seems many people do like reading the results, and dont have to hop from one thread to another.

you just need to start a new thread every weekend faytiges :thumbsup:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK... I will start a thread each Sat - Show Results w/end 25th etc. around 12.00"ish" (maybe earlier if I an not going to be home)

If anyone wants to post their results, would be greyt. If I am a bit slow, or not home, anyone please feel free to start it off. By the response, this should be of interest to quite a few people. Good luck to all showing this weekend, and of course those coming to the Royal here. Sway, your reporters for the Royal sounds terrific, a greyt idea, again we can all keep in touch, how good is that.

Ok...now we have the ball rolling.........

Do you think we could say let the first person who has a result that we all would like to see,if I havent already started the thread,

be that Thurs, Fri, or Sat for the weekend, as they have more info than I have, thats why I want to see the results !! to start the thread??

I think we are all (well maybe a couple that didnt like this idea) on the same page. I would like to think this is a joint venture, so that everyone has access to the show results on one thread. Lets see how we go this weekend. So we make it Show Results w/e whatever...we will know what we are looking at.

I think this would be great!

However I am wondering, couldn't we use the pointscore part of the site as a way of knowing who won what at the shows?

Like sometimes what I do is check some dogs who I think might have entered a particular show to see who won BOB or RUBOB on the day for the particular breed. So I was just wondering, couldn't we have a page or something that shows recent results or points added, so we know who has done well and what show they won at?

Even if it's incorporated in the breeds page, that everyone can click on the particular breed and the recent results added on the pointscore would be there for everyone to see.

Just thinking out loud! I know it's not immediate results, but it some sort of result that most would be able to see and is it all possible for this to happen?

I like the way it has been .... where people are good enough to list the individual show, starting with Group numbers .... and then

results are added to that topic :)

Same here.

I can just see potential for confusion, not everone is going to remember to post where they are. We like individual show topics, or specify in which State they are held.

I like the way it has been .... where people are good enough to list the individual show, starting with Group numbers .... and then

Same here.

I can just see potential for confusion, not everone is going to remember to post where they are. We like individual show topics, or specify in which State they are held.

Any reason why it can't be both ways? I mean that those posting results can post in an individual thread about that show or post in the weekend thread, or both if they like.:thumbsup:

Those reading have the choice then also. Personally I would look in the 'weekend' thread first.

Though I certainly do agree please announce the state - it is not always obvious to numpties like me.

Same here.

I agree, it has been working well for some time now.

Many Victoria's shows are done as above - yet other States don't seem to :confused:

Tambaqui, not everyone makes use of the pointscore system so that may not be too effective.

Yes I do know not everyone uses the pointscore or do not participate for their own personal reason, and I'm not asking to overhall the system, but more an option, almost similar Members Show Results, but you actually see the recent pointscore submission for the particular breed. You could also have option for group, or maybe show.

So for example if no pointscores was submitted, but there was shows on, then you could assume a dog that is not entered in the pointscore competition would've probably won BOB, but if those who are in entered in it and won BOB, the results would actually be there for everyone to see. You might even see if they won the Group or even Classes in Group or show.

Sometimes I like to know who has done well Min Pins, and who won the breed and if any went further to claim the group or show, and I am sure plenty others would like to know about their own breed they show, so all I am saying, it's just an option where you can see the results for the breed, and even how many was entered, or based on next years pointscores, how many challenge points they earned.

Whereas posting in the thread, the best you would know is the breed who won the group and the imagination is yours, unless someone has further information as to who owns the dog. Again, I am just thinking of other options where those who want to know who won at what show but maybe rely on the pointscore.

Edited by Tambaqui

Hey there, Just wanted to make a mention for Horsham A & P Society held Saturday 17/9/2011 : )

BIS - Kinshasa Knls - Ch Kinshasa Bronzed Aussie (Rhodesian Ridgeback)

RUBIS - Mr. J W Camac - Ch Balkana Jack Sparrow - (Australian Silky Terrier)

Baby - Jack Russell Terrier

Minor - Schipperke

Puppy - Pug

Junior - RUBIS

Intermediate - British Bulldog

Australian Bred - Italian Greyhound

Open - BIS

And Tambaqui - BOB Min Pin was Julie Smith's "Altrue Simply Red" : )