Ebay Crates

Red Fox

[quote name='Rebanne' timestamp='1316309993' post='5499311'

I've never a broken tray (yet!) but I would just put a couple of extra blankets in the crate and sit it on a tarp at a show.

ETA all my crates have been off ebay

/quote]

Thanks Rebanne, our 8 month old girl came into season early while on a show circuit and we had to sleep her in the crate inside the car (while the boys were in the trailer) and she hadn't been seperated from all the others before so she took her frustrations out on her tray & blanket.(She is a Schipp).

We use the crates in the back of the wagon for transport and I do put a dog mattress or pillow onto the tray for comfort.

I don't think a banket on the bottom of the wire part of the crate would be that comfortable?

BB

I don't think a banket on the bottom of the wire part of the crate would be that comfortable?

If you can't find a crate tray, try a piece of corrogated cardboard under the bedding.

Or get a wooden board cut to fit (if you cant do this yourself, Bunnings etc can cut to size if you have the dimensions). If you are worried about splinters with the board, glue a piece of lino or similar to it. Choose the thinnest board you can that you think will last if you plan to take the crate places rather than just use at home - the thicker the board the heavier it will be! :o

If you know someone good with metal work you can also get them to make a new tray for you out of sheet metal.

A little bit Off Topic, BUT............................

where do you find replacement trays for your crates?????? (when you needed to)

I have small wire crates and my girl broke the tray into bits :mad

I have contacted one ebay seller and they can't buy the trays seperatly, I don't want to have to contact EVERY seller to find one.

I have posted in the DOL marketplace & classifieds section asking for spare parts.

The tray measures 42cm wide 57cm long and 4cm deep.

Thanks guys

BB

Vebo Pet sell replacement trays. http://shop.vebopet.com.au/store/plastic-dog-tray-medium.html

Thanks Rebanne, our 8 month old girl came into season early while on a show circuit and we had to sleep her in the crate inside the car (while the boys were in the trailer) and she hadn't been seperated from all the others before so she took her frustrations out on her tray & blanket.(She is a Schipp).

We use the crates in the back of the wagon for transport and I do put a dog mattress or pillow onto the tray for comfort.

BB

well there's blankets and then there's blankets, the wire isn't that thick. Considering some of the places dogs sleep I don't think the wire bottom of the crate would be that bad.

Has anyone bought a 42" (or larger) crate from the seller All Pet Homes on eBay?

http://www.ebay.com....984.m1423.l2649

Looking for something solid, secure, no sharp edges or flimsy wire, under $150. I do like the locks/catches on the above crate and the price is good, just not sure of the overall quality compared to say the puppy power or Vebo crates?

Thanks.

I bought 2 medium size creates that are a thicker steel/wire definately not flimsy they also have metal trays not the crappy plastic ones, i have Mini Bull Terriers so i was wanting something pretty strong , the seller i got mine from is called "OZSKYWAY" from memory he was in QLD and used a carier services (not Aus post) he's quick to post and postage was a good price the crates were $50 each plus post. hope this helps. Cheers

SK -I purchased a 42" crate from all pet homes. It is decent quality but the 36" that I just bought off a friend is definitely stronger and more durable, not sure where hers came from as it was her parents for their Lab from years ago.

I guess it depends on if your dog is going to try and escape or not? Neither of my dogs have really put it through the ringer TBH.