Too Much For A 4 Month Old Pup

Atanquin

Okay zorro is at his 4 month mark and he will not stop he has endless energy when I go out to the horse he will run as fast as he can around the round yard for 1/2 hr NON STOP he will only stop to change direction then when I go to let the horses out he will do it again. He gets an hour walk as well (on the beach and on soft sand) and at home he is the same will nit stop zooming everywhere he will not stop till bed time doesn't matter if I'm sitting down being quite or put him in his quite spot ( the laundry) he will go crazy chewing digging and attacking his toys and will just run In side and out side I tried training but once that is stopped he will go back to running I tried non running games which are good but only for 2 hrs at a time then it's back to more running!!! When I'm out I asked my naighbour to look in on him and he was doing laps around the yard all day running from toy to toy. I'm worried this will be doing damage to his joints just wondering if anyone could send some ideas this way ?

Btw he is a English cocker spaniel

He isn't crated his quite spot is the laundry but he will find ways to play lol I have tried him with kings and he LOVES food but doesnt like the kong and I have stuffed it wil every thing I think it is puppy energy when I do training he will be a good boy and when on his walk he will be well behaved. Oh and he will settle at night in his laundry till I let him out in the morning. Thanks for all the replys guys you are great and like I said I'm going to cut his walk down to 1/2 hr a day. I asked the lady at obedience and she said it sounds normal and he should settle down as he gets older

Have you tried popping him in a pen or crate with a Kong for some quiet time? Maybe at the same time every day to condition his system to go into downtime automatically at a certain time?

Yeah, i gotta say the crate has been the saving grace to help quiet down Wilbur; who at times still struggles with settling himself down unless it's in his crate. Also learning the 'vet hold' to help him wind down has been very useful.