Keeshond Breeders

Laika

ATTENTION - KEESHOND BREEDERS

There is a male keeshond in at Blacktown Pound. Is microchipped - DOB 6 Dec 1999 (from memory) - his name is on microchip as Bfd - any ideas of who could have bred this boy. He looks lovely. There is a video of him in the rescue forum. I also have his chip number if anyone would like to confirm.

He is also looking for a foster or forever home. I am down to take him out but it is only a temporary situation as he was past his due date and could have been euthanised.

Please PM me rather than posting as I don't check posts much these days. Would like to let his breeder know if possible that he is in there :-(

Thank you

Good luck Laika - after the rude response I got from Keeshond breeders in NSW last year, you are wasting your time. Keeshond Rescue in VIC were equally outraged that I bothered them, I mean, as if you would rescue a dog in another state? What a ridiculous suggestion.

I rescue a breed myself, am not a breeder but am a rescuer and I take dogs from interstate all the time. It's not as if we are talking about a breed like Labradors or Jack Russells, commonly found in the pound.

I'm sure as rescuers we can do something to help you and I will pm you now. Edited to add: noone can send you a pm, you need to speak to Troy, there is something wrong with it.

Edited by dogmad

We would be able to take this boy, can you please email me directly [email protected] and we will work out some transport!

Also we maintain a database of 70K records, including an ANKC extract, we also have some chip numbers in the database, if you could private me his date of birth and his chip number, we can get to work on getting him either back to his breeder or to us to rehome.

More than happy to help.

Good luck Laika - after the rude response I got from Keeshond breeders in NSW last year, you are wasting your time. Keeshond Rescue in VIC were equally outraged that I bothered them, I mean, as if you would rescue a dog in another state? What a ridiculous suggestion.

I rescue a breed myself, am not a breeder but am a rescuer and I take dogs from interstate all the time. It's not as if we are talking about a breed like Labradors or Jack Russells, commonly found in the pound.

I'm sure as rescuers we can do something to help you and I will pm you now. Edited to add: noone can send you a pm, you need to speak to Troy, there is something wrong with it.

Can you contact me by email? I would like to know who you spoke with in NSW and Vic as in Vic we don't have a Keeshond rescue , but are always more than happy to take in a rescue!

[email protected] (I had originally posted a mistake in my email address - this is the CORRECT email for us)

Thanks

Cheri

Edited by keez

Great to see a breeder stepping up and offering a hand.

we have always been available to take in a rescue from pretty much anywhere in the Country. Just have to let us know where they are!

How long has there been a breed rescue for Keeshonds? I've taken a few out over the last couple of years and have never had the offer for a breeder to take one on themselves before. I've had dealings with some nice breeders who would refer people but no one has put up their hand to actually take a dog in need. Great things have changed :-)

Great to see a breeder stepping up and offering a hand.

we have always been available to take in a rescue from pretty much anywhere in the Country. Just have to let us know where they are!

How long has there been a breed rescue for Keeshonds? I've taken a few out over the last couple of years and have never had the offer for a breeder to take one on themselves before. I've had dealings with some nice breeders who would refer people but no one has put up their hand to actually take a dog in need. Great things have changed :-)

There isn't a "breed rescue" as such, just breeders that will give some support. We have had keeshonden for the past 25 years and We have ALWAYS taken in keeshonden in need.

In the future, email me directly if you find another one and we'll get it sorted!