Trying To Work Out What Amstaff Breeder

Keira&Phoenix

Hi All,

I am trying to work out who the breeder of a male American Staffordshire Terrier was so we can have his papers re-issued as the owner has lost them.

He is a fawn male dog. He was part of a 14th or 15th of February 2010 litter. The breeder is apparently in the Willowbank, QLD area but could be nearby suburbs.

If anyone knows who the breeder might be can you let me know. Thanks :)

Will get him to give CCCQ a call and see if they are in his name/what he needs to do to get them re issued.

If they are not in his name will they be able to help by advising of breeders who had litters born on that date?

If the dog was transfered to the person that you got the dog off all they have to do is give Dogs Queensland a ring 32522661 and tell them that the papers are lost. They should have to get a stat dec to verify their clam and pay the relevent fee to Dogs Queensland and new set of papers will be issued to them and then they sign the back of the registration papers with all your details and and they pay the fee and post them to Dogs Qld and Dogs Qld and they will issue you with a new set of papers in your name.

As far as I know in QLD the papers go into the new owners name so she should be able to contact Dogs QLD and for a fee get the papers reissued :D

providing the breeder registered the pups in the owners name and not their own

Yes - that's what I was going to say.

If you are still in contact with the breeder, get them to arrange the transfer.

As far as I know in QLD the papers go into the new owners name so she should be able to contact Dogs QLD and for a fee get the papers reissued :D

The OP does not know who bred the dog. :)

Even if she did know who bred the dog and the breeder followed the correct procedure and transfered the dog to the purchaser, there is nothing the breeder can do. The transfer can only be done by the person that is named on the registration papers.

The OP does not know who bred the dog. :)

Even if she did know who bred the dog and the breeder followed the correct procedure and transfered the dog to the purchaser, there is nothing the breeder can do. The transfer can only be done by the person that is named on the registration papers.

Trust me Oak, I'm well aware of procedures for transfer ;)

I didn't read the OP properly though :o

Edited by huga

Thanks everyone.

I will get the owner to contact the CCCQ and chase up the papers. Hopefully he isn't one of those people who thinks "papers" are vaccination certificates or a receipt and the dog really is pedigree.

I am not taking the dog but he is trying to rehome the dog and I am helping which is why I am trying to find out who the breeder was and get hold of papers so whoever we rehome the dog to will have all the appropriate things.

Edited by Keira&Phoenix

Thanks everyone.

I will get the owner to contact the CCCQ and chase up the papers. Hopefully he isn't one of those people who thinks "papers" are vaccination certificates or a receipt and the dog really is pedigree.

I am not taking the dog but he is trying to rehome the dog and I am helping which is why I am trying to find out who the breeder was and get hold of papers so whoever we rehome the dog to will have all the appropriate things.

I am so pleased that you are keeping an open mind on the matter.

All of us will only do our best to help you.

Sorry Huga didn't know you were aware of the procedure my apologies.