Metal Stake Out

Dxenion

I got a metal one from Better Pets and Gardens that has 'wings' on the stake and a moulded loop at the top, I then attached a carabina to the loop for 360 degree rotation. I'm not sure if they are in all stores but I got mine from the Port Kennedy store.

ETA I think it's this one - Link

Edited by Weasels

Thank you for all your suggestions.

We are actually after one with a flat head so that it can be pushed flat to the ground for mowing over. At the moment we have permanently installed small star pickets which although do the job of temporary tethering when we are out the front, they are a hassle when mowing and when not in use can be a trip hazzard.

The search continues......

Permanent ones are a car axle in the ground. Just spray paint a pretty colour on top.

Great idea! Just not sure our property manager would see it that way though :laugh:

Seriously though, they're not even keen on 10cm of star picket above ground with a plastic safety cap on top. Something about asthetics....

It's part of the reason we are looking for 4 unobtrusive ones. The Leerburg design is something they'd be happy with. Just trying to locate one in this country so I don't have to sell a kidney to pay for the postage on four large Leerburg ones.

Edited by Dxenion