Looking For Leashes

corvus

My mum has these awesome leashes I really like. They are about 6ft long and are round and nylon, I think. Both ends have a snap hook and both ends have a ring attached about 30cm down the leash so you can attach leashes together for longer length and if you want to tether the dog to something momentarily you just have to unhook the snap at the handle end, wrap the leash around the anchor, then snap the hook back on the ring you took it off.

These things are genius. I want some, but mum doesn't know who the manufacturer is. She bought them years ago from Petbarn in Fyshwick before it was a chain. Never seen them anywhere since. Anyone know if they or something like them still exist?

Rozzie is right (no suprise there!:D )

I think Black Dog still make the one you mean, called a "balance lead" but they say on their website that you can only get it in a bundle with a balance harness.

The double ended leash that Black Dog now make is supposedly better for the puposes you have stated (although personally I can't see much difference in design). There are plenty of online stockists for their products.

Both their "balance lead" and their "double ended lead" are flat, not round, but would otherwise suit.

Top Dogs online also have a simliar product in webbing that they call the Euro lead.

ETA oooh I type too slowly!! Great find, ness!!:thumbsup:

Edited by RuralPug

I have 2 of the rogz double-ended 6-function leads, love them. When my girl is walking nicely i just clip the lead onto my belt loop to get a free hand, and it's so much easier for quick tethering. The Callicoma ones look even nicer, next time i need leashes i'll be getting those! Good find ness! :D

I love the Prestige Mountain style leads (what Ness posted). I use the 5 foot single ended ones in the smaller thickness. I get them from Groomers but they don't stock the double ended ones.

The real Mountain leads are pretty groovy but only come in one thickness which is a bit big for the little dogs.

Edited by poodlefan